Twin Turbo VIP ........

That VIP is a export model. The car has came to Finland when it was new and (If I remember correct) it did get first twin turbos in late 80's.
Here's a photo...

IMG_1100.PNG

Found this on face book and found it interesting ...

aaaaaYup... The old MC pit saying "Anyone can build a grenade" comes to mind.
Can't believe they drove that on the street.
Mab'be I shoud'a gone that route with my 1968 PK21 back in the early 70's to put the jackass in high school with the 68/69 'maro with 4:10's haunting me on the State Roads in place.
No worries, if I'd come across him on the Interstate, (which he admitted he would dare not go with me) I'm sure that 'maro with the full rollcage by then would be on his trailer going to the strip.

:rofl:

Last edited:
You HAVE to give this guy credit. 8.0 seconds, 160 MPH, in a 4,000 pound car. NICE.

Jykuri's gone 7.89 in the quarter at 174.

That VIP is a export model. The car has came to Finland when it was new and (If I remember correct) it did get first twin turbos in late 80's.
Here's a photo...

View attachment 165353

That's from this summer.

His story is over here;

Forums / Performance Tech / '67 Plymouth VIP project - C-Body DryDock

He's on quite a few forums. Just hasn't made it here yet.

We've covered them before;
VIP ,Flying Finns to Drag Week....

And here;
Anyone else looking forward to Drag Week 2017?

Very impressive. I love his determination

Yes the Fin's do have determination. A interesting watch is PBS's documentary "Fire & Ice The Winter War of Finland & Russia" where thousands of Fin's kill hundred of thousands if not a million Russkies during the 'Sausage War' of 1939/40.

Of course we Americans had a very small part.

PBS.Fire.&.Ice.The.Winter.War.of.Finland.&.Russia.720p.HDTV.x264.AC3.MVGroup.Forum_00_29_16_03.jpg

Back