Ugh, need turn signal cam help 68 newport

Biggredd2069

Reaction score
so i have a 68 chrysler newport convertible with non tilt column. on the turn signal lever the spring worked but the top and bottom of the cam broke so you had to hold the lever to keep it flashing. i got a new steering wheel and figured good time to try and fix it. i looked up 68 chrysler newport turn signal cam and the same part lists multiple times from different companies so thats what i got. got my steering wheel off and attempted to get the old one off. was stuck on there good and i ended up breaking it off so past the point of no return. before i hooked the new wires up tried to test fit it. i cant get it on for anything. also the original one had a groove where the turn signal handle rested in, non of these replacements seem to have it. there is a rectangular bracket it should slide onto but i cant get it to slide on. i ran out of time and put the wheel on, now no turn signals at all. seems like i would need a larger full assembly in there, not just the small plastic piece. any recommendations?

Pictures would help.

A very quick search showed your turn signal switch should be for/from a 67-69 New Yorker or Newport w/o tilt wheel and they run about $100. Are you sure you got shipped the correct part? You have the original steering column, right?
SM107__ra_p.jpg

Naturally I have to do things the hard way. $345? Bummer. Lol. But thanks
I used E pay only as a reference. Not my listings.
I installed a used switch in my 68 Newport.

I have a NOS as back up since the right side I have to hold to stay on.

Does the red switch apply with cornering lights & no tilt/tele? I swear I have red on my 300 and Saginaw column. Thanks

Forgive me for asking but what is the exact definition of cornering lights?

Cornering lights are located on the fender in front of the front wheel, just below the body contour line.

They shine steady on whenever the T.S. are actuated, thus shedding light on the "corner" when turning.

The main difference in T.S. switches is fixed column vs Tilt-O-Scope column, two different switches.

The cornering lights are an extra wire in the switch assembly that is either used or extra, depending on options. It is integrated into the main switch connector lower on the column.

Great. So I wanna buy a c body non tilt, non cornering light saginaw turn signal plate that is red ?

If I remember your 'vert has cruise control.
So,non tilt,no cornering lamps with cruise
search for part number 2889 550
Barge on a Budget 108.jpg

Correct I have cruise. Thanks for the part number. I'll look it up and report back
Good luck on that. That one is an oddball.
Try National Moparts
Murray Park.
You will have to call both of them.

Tony's Parts in Delaware

Anybody else please chime in any other NOS suppliers.

Back