Unique Drivetrain 1969 Newport

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
While on a parts gathering mission for @71Polara383, I came across this car. It's in a derby guys inventory (Boo! Hiss, wah, pbbbbt!) But he's a good guy that doesn't run anything that isn't already on it's deathbed. And he sells parts for cheap to us.

Anyhow, he had this out back, and it got my attention when he mentioned the engine/tranny combo, a 383 with a three on the tree.

IMG_20190331_164836.jpg

IMG_20190331_164843.jpg

IMG_20190331_164846.jpg

IMG_20190331_164853.jpg

IMG_20190331_164900.jpg

IMG_20190331_164932.jpg

IMG_20190331_164948.jpg

IMG_20190331_165014.jpg

IMG_20190331_165142.jpg

She's pretty far gone, but if anybody wants to save her, I have his contact info! :rofl:

On a positive note, I am getting the pedals for a future four speed conversion.

Too bad someone didn't recognize the significance of this rare car many years ago.

My 77 Dodge pickup that I bought new was a unique striper. Slant 6 with 3 on the tree. No A/C, no carpet, no power accessories. One of the best vehicles I ever had.

I had a 76 d100. /6, no carpet, no AC but it was an automatic. And like you said, one of the most durable and dependable trucks I ever had. It even survived a 17 year old male

My 77 Dodge pickup that I bought new was a unique striper. Slant 6 with 3 on the tree. No A/C, no carpet, no power accessories. One of the best vehicles I ever had.

That car and the fury in the back. Why dont these trash derby faggots use crown victirias or something. Unbelievable. Pure trash. Save the rare cars

The cars he has are pretty far gone, rust everywhere, and basically food for parts. Sells off the good stuff and kills the already dying carcass. You could buy houses for less than it would take to bring these back to life. But I hear you at the same time, it sucks seeing something that unique getting battered, but I doubt there's many who would take up this challenge.

Go on U tube and type in Demo Derby's then look for 2018 Minn. something county fairgrounds. they have all Imperial heats, that's how they get around the no Imperial clause every one else has. They favor all the C bodies especially 63-68s. They leave the trim, front and rear intact and you cry when you see these once majestic rides battel it out and they do battle it out! They also have other classes with all 50s-60s American iron that will get your pulse racing to see them being destroyed! Lots of big 57-60 Mercs, even a 61 Chrysler ambulance!! Iv never seen one before and here it is doing battle! Some are all shiny and look great in the beginning,, just like I remember as a kid when I went to demo derbies! I don't know how to post them on here or I would!

[QUOTE

On a positive note, I am getting the pedals for a future four speed conversion.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I'm looking for a set of those!!

I picked up a red 1969 Newport 4-door sedan last May in Ellensburg, WA for $700. It has NO options listed on the data plate! There is a factory (dealer installed or factory mistake?) AM radio, a non-factory painted white roof/undercoating and rear bumper guards. I'm working on resurrecting the engine (not seized, off road since late 90s). Valve cover gaskets were original (badly leaking) with original engine paint! Mileage reads 00218. I'm curious to drive a Fusey with no power options... Not even the light group! Trunk is rusted bad, some small holes around back window and front window. Otherwise, solid body, trashed black cloth/vinyl interior and radiator core. Unfortunately, no title...
driver's rear.jpg
Craigslist front.jpg
DSCN1770.JPG
Data Plate.JPG

Last edited:
I picked up a red 1969 Newport 4-door sedan last May in Ellensburg, WA for $700. It has NO options listed on the data plate! There is a factory (dealer installed or factory mistake?) AM radio, a non-factory painted white roof/undercoating and rear bumper guards. I'm working on resurrecting the engine (not seized, off road since late 90s). Valve cover gaskets were original (badly leaking) with original engine paint! Mileage reads 00218. I'm curious to drive a Fusy with no power options... Not even the light group! Trunk is rusted bad, some small holes around back window and front window. Otherwise, solid body, trashed black cloth/vinyl interior and radiator core. Unfortunately, no title...View attachment 277252 View attachment 277253 View attachment 277254 View attachment 277255
Sounds like it’s going to be an interesting resurrection. Keep us posted.

Back