Upholstery material options?

WSP

Reaction score
My upholsterer simply hates SMS. Has had problems with them and delays.
He asked me to write and see if the group can recommend anyone else.
Of course SMS has exactly what I need, but I've had trouble with them too.
I have the original Bahama blue (aka light blue) interior with different material colors for inserts on my 68 300.
Any suggestions appreciated.Thanks.

My upholsterer had a bunch of vinyl and cloth swatch books. We found plenty of tan samples that matched as close as the SMS material did. Delivery was less than two weeks.

Thanks for that link. Being it's an upholstery shop which SEWS, Legendary might not be on their radar due to Legendary's already-sewn items. But the upholstery shop could do the installation and possible re-building of the seat foam and such underlayment. By observation, most shops would prefer to sew and install what they have sewn, rather than install somebody else's sewn items, no matter how good they might be. I would hope that Legendary's products would "fly-onto the seats", with minimal effort, over new foam.

Bad thing is that Legendary's website is so hard to search for C-body stuff. EVEN with their search criteria menu completed correctly! Got the SAME 300+ pages of seat cover items with both my '70 Monaco and '67 Newport as search-for vehicles! It SHOULD work as well as it did when I searched for items for my '77 Camaro Type LT! Definitely needs improvement! Looks like they picked-up some of the '57 300 Letter Car items, though.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

The upholster we used to do our '68 300 seats actually preferred us to buy the pre-made covers from Legendary. He did the foam and other stuff then installed covers. Turned out great. They're not installed in the car yet but when they are I'll post pics. Hopefully by next weekend.

Thanks for that link. Being it's an upholstery shop which SEWS, Legendary might not be on their radar due to Legendary's already-sewn items. But the upholstery shop could do the installation and possible re-building of the seat foam and such underlayment. By observation, most shops would prefer to sew and install what they have sewn, rather than install somebody else's sewn items, no matter how good they might be. I would hope that Legendary's products would "fly-onto the seats", with minimal effort, over new foam.

Sounds like you don't want to DIY it, why? So many others have and with great success too, but it's your gig and your hard earned money. Good Luck

Sounds like you don't want to DIY it, why? So many others have and with great success too, but it's your gig and your hard earned money. Good Luck

Haven't done any upholstery stuff, so I might defer that to somebody who's done it before, once. I know that our dealership's trim guys replaced factory-supplied covers on warranty jobs, so no rocket science of sorts.

On some things, my anxiety level of having to take something to where it probably should have been to start with, to "fix" what I'd done, can be an issue. Don't have any hog ring pliers, either, but that might change. As I work past "prior life programming" to learn to do other things, as in the past. Optimized hormone levels can help too.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Optimized hormone levels...shoulda thought of that.
Actually I am only doing the front seat inserts. The SMS materials so far match the best.
Also recovering the padded rectangular door panel inserts with same.
Any tricks to doing the doing the door inserts?

Back