upper radiator hose

Knebel

Reaction score
What would be the correct hose to use for a 360 with no AC in a 68 Fury III? The car originally had ac but thats not abroad anymore...

Im having some temps on the gauge i havent seen before and just changed my thermostat and housing and noticed that the radiator hoses dont look too reliable anymore either...
I had bought a 160° thermostat, thinking it would help keeping the temp in the middle but surprisingly there was already a 160 in there... that had me stumped, maybe thats why im only getting 10mpg!? Or the 360 really has some stuff done to it like the previous oqner mentioned...

Any thought on flex hoses? How long would they need to be? 20"?

You mentioned FLEX hose.... it is a taboo subject around here...

Commando1 was behaving himself very well.

Rofl. Well, okay, I really want to AVOID a flex hose. Thats why i am asking for the correct one :poke:

I would if you could drive the car to the shop that has the molded hoses and see what looks to fit the closest.

The block & radiator may need a good flushing but given the age of the engine this could spell disaster and require major gasket reseal in the engine - IE: head gaskets, water pump gaskets frost plugs...

You have to tread lightly in some cases.
I had my poly 318 suffer from the rusty coolant blues and when I flushed it there was so much rusty mud in the block it was shocking.

Another issue could be the gauge or sensor itself so test that first before investing too much time and money on the other items.

Check the voltage limiter for the gauges...

something to think about -

a too low of thermostat can defeat the purpose - it opens too early - and the water doesnt get enough time in the radiator to cool off well.

$.02

I flushed that system a year ago... normaly, when its 70 or 80 outside my electric fan is set so it dosent even kick on... now in 98 to 108 degree weather im running too much on the hot side of things. I have also replaced the radiator cap and it seems to have a fairly stable temp now. Now off to the next thig, my starter is toast, apperantly dosent like the heat either.

Some day I really need to get around to swapping out my lower radiator flex hose on BitterSweet...

Back