Found V belt Idler tensioner pulley & bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick T

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi, I'm looking for an V belt Idler tensioner pulley & bracket for a 78 New Yorker with a 440 & AC. I really just need the bracket however I'll take both if that's how someone wants to sell it. This picture is not my car but this is what I need.
Thank you.

EC07548A-A2AA-4175-BAF2-C8D1F7B5E42C.jpeg

0206E36D-288F-461E-BB21-CF05A48621C7.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't remember ever seeing that double pulley right next to the AC compressor. It doesn't appear to be adjustable. As far as I know, the Alternator was the adjustment for the double pulley on AC vehicles. Someone should have a picture of the pulley system on a big block car. The only pic I have is from my 78 440 powered truck. Here is a pic of the pulley system on it. Not sure cars got the same setup. The pulley and bracket Big John referenced is the same as what my truck used.

100_2872.JPG

I don't remember ever seeing that double pulley right next to the AC compressor. It doesn't appear to be adjustable. As far as I know, the Alternator was the adjustment for the double pulley on AC vehicles. Someone should have a picture of the pulley system on a big block car. The only pic I have is from my 78 440 powered truck. Here is a pic of the pulley system on it. Not sure cars got the same setup. The pulley and bracket Big John referenced is the same as what my truck used.

View attachment 526959
Yes I was told that the pulley only put’s tension and it is not adjustable. The belts are only adjusted by the alternator. For lack of a better word that pulley is supposed to keep tension on it from flapping or bouncing around. I need the bracket for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back