value of rear frame rails?

swisherred

Reaction score
I have someone interested in buying the rear frame i have from a 67 newport and i have no idea what is a fair price for it...anyone?

20190323_163134.jpg

Very subjective question. Lot of work to get a parts car stripped down to that point, and the cost to repair the frame in the rusty vehicle would not be cheap. If it was me looking for those frame rails I think I would like to get those parts for $100-$150?? Shipping is not going to be cheap either.

I would think they’d be worth more, a lot of labor went into them to get them to that point.

How many hours/dollars of labor would it take you to get that removed from the car with all the spot wells drilled? What is your time worth.

Then you have to buy the car to part out.

That is worth many times more than $150.

How many hours/dollars of labor would it take you to get that removed from the car with all the spot wells drilled? What is your time worth.

While I agree with you that the amount of labour involved to remove them, and the cost of the parts car would seem to dictate that the parts would be worth a considerable amount, but at the end of the day used parts are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. ;)

It's worth a lot more to the guy who just realized he needs a new rear frame section... but I'd still say in the $150-$200 range if you don't want to sit on it, or look like the kind of person who sells used C-Body parts on ebay for the price of diamonds.

I sold a full rear frame for $250cdn (about $30 USD equivalent:p) a few years back after carefully cutting out all the spot welds.
The buyer drove about 100 miles to come get it.

If someone is in need of a part like that then they should be very happy to pay $250.00 $300.00 and come and get it.
I just bought and transported an entire car, and the frame rails from it were badly needed.

Took about an hour with an air chisel, lol.

I had them listed here for 8 months, I wish there had been this much enthusiasm for them last year.

Incidentally, on my way to deliver these at the swap meet I spotted identical rails cut from a B body. The guy wanted $600 per side, and they were shorter, lol!

It’s a C body, you get what you can get. Believe me, it’s a lot more of a hassle to keep and store these parts then it was to cut the car up to begin with.

7B439BBE-CEE7-4594-A6B2-0F3775C4CAFC.jpeg

Took about an hour with an air chisel, lol.

I had them listed here for 8 months, I wish there had been this much enthusiasm for them last year.

Incidentally, on my way to deliver these at the swap meet I spotted identical rails cut from a B body. The guy wanted $600 per side, and they were shorter, lol!

It’s a C body, you get what you can get. Believe me, it’s a lot more of a hassle to keep and store these parts then it was to cut the car up to begin with.

View attachment 280486
It took me 6 hours just to get it out of the car...I bought it for the trunk pan.

Like was said, they're only worth what someone will pay. If mine was a 67, I'd pay 200-300! That said, if anyone reading this thread has decent rear frame rails for a 70 Newport.... send me a message! mine are paper thin towards the rear.

If the buyer has already cut out his old frame and attaching parts IE trunk floor, extensions etc he knows how much work it is. Also he should realize the replacement parts are more work since they will be reused. Personally I wouldn't sell it for less than 3-4 hundred. And I wouldn't remove it until paid in full. Remember crating or palletizing and hauling to the shipper is work that I would expect to be compensated for.

Back