Van helsing new member intro

VAN HELSING

Reaction score
Hi all,

Van Helsing here, new member here but some might know me from the Forward Look forum .

My real name is Terry and I live way down in Australia.

I bought my first ever Mopar ( and my first ever " Yank Tank " as we Aussies call these big US cars ) about 2 years ago.

It's a 59 Dodge Coronet 4 door sedan, 326 A poly and Powerflite.............. LOVE IT !!!!

Hoping to find a friendly bunch of guys and girls here.

Apologies in advance if I ask some dumb questions but I'm new to Mopars and only just starting to learn about 'em.

I'll see if I can get up some pics of my Dodge soon,

Cheers from down under,

Terry.

purd9f16c19ca3e1f34.jpg

Any pictures ????

Hi all,

Van Helsing here, new member here but some might know me from the Forward Look forum .

My real name is Terry and I live way down in Australia.

I bought my first ever Mopar ( and my first ever " Yank Tank " as we Aussies call these big US cars ) about 2 years ago.

It's a 59 Dodge Coronet 4 door sedan, 326 A poly and Powerflite.............. LOVE IT !!!!

Hoping to find a friendly bunch of guys and girls here.

Apologies in advance if I ask some dumb questions but I'm new to Mopars and only just starting to learn about 'em.

I'll see if I can get up some pics of my Dodge soon,

Cheers from down under,

Terry.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ......... :welcome:
Glad you found your way over to us Terry.
I'm Will, the guy who shared your "shocking" experience with..... Thats a story in itself.

There are no dumb questions here...... Maybe some dumb answers though. stick around for awile and give us a shot.
Love to see some pic's of the 59 ....... One of Gary's, (70NPORT), favorites. Fell free to jump in anytime with commens or questions ...... Maybe even an answer.

Cheers Mate.....
Will.

Thanks Ironwolf for the welcome : )

Hi there Will or as we Aussies say " G'day " : )

Yes we both know about "those Shocks " don't we Will !!!

I'll most likely have more questions to ask than answers but you just don't know , I might be able to help someone .........

1.30 am here right now, I'm off for some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers,

Terry.

Welcome to our site. be sure to post your name on our map. Ok, who hasn't thought of saying, " shrimp on the barby ". lol.
That would be a prawn mate, shrimps are tiny little things, they "shrink" Aussie prawns to make em ;) hence the name "shrimp"
By the way, G'day Van helsing, Im an ex-pat Aussie living in North Carolina now, i can tell you, its amazing seeing all the american steel over here. Its a fair dinkum Nirvana here ;)

Welcome Terry. Why don't you and Wollfen tell all these great folks about "Moreton Bay Bugs" If they want to try something unique on the Barby. Them thingz iz still az big 1/2 pound lobsterz after yeah cut the headz off! I never have been able to figure out tho' why theirs no Horse Radish in Oz to make the hot sause

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome Terry. Why don't you and Wollfen tell all these great folks about "Moreton Bay Bugs" If they want to try something unique on the Barby. Them thingz iz still az big 1/2 pound lobsterz after yeah cut the headz off! I never have been able to figure out tho' why theirs no Horse Radish in Oz to make the hot sause
Maaaate, the Bugs are tiny compared to the muddies you can cook up there, a lot more meat in em ;)

Didn't know Wollfen. Actually I spent more time on Bondi Beach then I did and the sea food joints on the south side of Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The bugz were good tho' gotta go back some day, for more bugz and Hooter Heaven. And I'll try to get my own horse radish sause past the Oz customez. I can not believe your whole continent doesn't know what that stuff will do when joined with catsup and ah little worcestershire sause on them bugz Jer

Wow, thanks guys, bulldog,bigbarney,commando,tallhair,baker,detmatt,1978NYB,fix it and Stormer ( where do you guys find your usernames ???:yaayy: )

Great to see another Aussie Wollfen, have you still got your " straylian " accent ?? . Must be great living over there, as a kid I always admired the American way of life , cars etc etc and still do, As you know we had A LOT of US TV shows / movies down here , loved 'em !!!.

I hope to one day get the chance to travel over there, it would be a great finale to all my childhood dreams !!!

1978NYB, my Dodge is a US left hooker imported for California 2 years back, so its fun trying to drive it on our right hand drive roads here, I had an 800 mile drive in it from a mates place that it was trucked to then the drive to my place on an unregistered driving permit and the only casualty was a blown drivers front tire in all that 800 miles.

It was a running licenced daily driver in CA but there's no way in the world my state registration authorities here would allow it on the road here, it just wouldn't comply as is. Needs a complete rebuild to allow me to legally drive it. I really can't understand how the CA owner got away with driving it there in the condition it was in ???

Coincidentally 1978 NYB , the closest town to me down here is also called Aberdeen !!......... small world sometimes 'eh !!

Baker, I have a feeling I saw your Desoto on the FL forum ??

Horseradish............................. never had it here though I have seen it for sale .............. next time I see it I'll buy some and see what it's like.

You guy's ever tried Vegemite ?? ( Wollfen would have )

Thanks for the welcome here everyone, seems like a great forum I've stumbled on here ( with a big thank you to Will for puttin' me onto you guys )

Cheers,

Terry.

Wow, thanks guys

Horseradish............................. never had it here though I have seen it for sale .............. next time I see it I'll buy some and see what it's like.

Cheers,
Terry.
Hey Terry ....... Maybe we could ship some to you through borderlinx in Dayton...... Ya think ...? :poke:

Back