Very Cool '64 300 ragtop

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Non-letter 300 convertible. My buddy who has a small used car lot, is servicing the 300 for a friend of his.

Factory Aquamarine, black top and interior, 383 with underdash air. Nice, straight car with a poor repaint that's 25 years old or so.

Might be for sale in the near future. The owner has been sick and is pretty concerned over his future.

The car fires right up. No smoke. Don't know the top condition. Interior is decent. All 4 wheelcovers are present.

20200928_160822.jpg

20200928_160832.jpg

20200928_160755.jpg

20200928_160742.jpg

20200928_160725.jpg

Last edited:
I totally dig this. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to the pre-C body/63-64 style (which is what mine is), but I love it for that reason. They are not as common as the traditional C bodies. This one looks to be in great shape too (without having seen frame rails/undercarriage and whatnot). I would be interested if it were geographically as well as financially reasonable. All over it like a bum on a bologna sandwich-as the old man used to say.

I like the 300, as well. It seems to be a pretty well-kept car, overall. Trunk is solid, spare and jack are there. Interior appears original, but my knowledge of the '63 & '64 Chryslers is sketchy. Dash is nice. Door cards are good, all of the hardware is present. I know nothing of the functionality of the gauges, speedo and radio. Air is a later add-on with a rotary compressor and underdash cooler. Underhood is a 383 (presumed original). Power steering and brakes (single-pot master).

Paint is a poorly-done respray from fairly long ago. Trim is not dented up, but is scratched a bit. Bumpers are straight. Nearly no pitting on the potmetal. Top condition and function is unknown. I did not check the odometer, so mileage is unknown. A CA car, brought to OK several years ago.

There. You know all I know about the car. When and if it comes up for sale, i'll let you know.

Last edited:
That's a nice driver. The kind you hop in and go without worrying about every little thing or washing it every other week. I like it :thumbsup:

very nice driver it would look good in my garage ( if i had room ):lol:

Back