Very happy with the floor pans

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I couldn't be happier with my lifetime Ohio resident. I finished removing the interior including the carpet today, there is virtually no rust at all under the carpet. Yes! I didn’t have the same results when I restored my MGB’s interior a couple of years ago.

The carpet pad is even in great shape, no degradation except where your heel would be under the accelerator. I found some interesting items under the carpet too, which have been there since day one. I can identify a NOS windshield wiper trim piece. There were 3 or 4 bolts not pictured used to mount various items to the interior panels.
Floor pans.sm.jpgcarpet backing.sm.jpgStuff under the carpet.sm.jpg

Floor pans.sm.jpg

carpet backing.sm.jpg

Stuff under the carpet.sm.jpg

Swept under the rug so to speak.
That floor looks new. That's great.
(Sent using Forum Runner)

I'd put some sound deadening in. I used Rammat with Insolite on mine. It really makes a difference. I used it on the inner and outer interior door panels as well.

With Rammat:
Rammat1.jpg

Rammat2.jpg

With Insolite on top:
Rammat4.jpg

Rammat5.jpg

Doors:
Weathersheild.jpg

You got really lucky when you found that car. I can't wait to see it done.

I'd put some sound deadening in. I used Rammat with Insolite on mine. It really makes a difference. I used it on the inner and outer interior door panels as well.

With Rammat:
Rammat1.jpg

Rammat2.jpg

With Insolite on top:
Rammat4.jpg

Rammat5.jpg

Doors:
Weathersheild.jpg

I was planning on doing that too. It made a huge difference on my MG.
Soundheat mat sm.jpg

Soundheat mat sm.jpg

You got really lucky when you found that car. I can't wait to see it done.

I feel very lucky. I don't think this car ever got caught in the rain with the top down, and this top still doesn't leak anywhere.

Wow! The car is really coming along and looking better and better! I don't think most 5 year old cars from my hometown in Ohio would look that solid. Congratulations on a wonderful find!

Nice! Mine is similar to yours but my top doesn't go down. I found some NOS bits as well.

After today it's a bit better.
GEDC4164.jpg

Not sure if I'm brave or just Stubborn, either way, gotta get it done. Your 300 is looking excellent, I hope my Fury looks half as good.

Nick

I'm sure your car will turn out great because I can tell you're putting your heart and soul in it. Saving a car that many would have given a second look. Everyone here loves to see your progress, because we are all car guys and we get it.

Like I said I think your 300 is Beautiful, seeing it is making me want to go through everything on my car and make it look as good, I love the Magnum 500's BTW.

Nick

I couldn't be happier with my lifetime Ohio resident. I finished removing the interior including the carpet today, there is virtually no rust at all under the carpet. Yes! I didn’t have the same results when I restored my MGB’s interior a couple of years ago.
The carpet pad is even in great shape, no degradation except where your heel would
be under the accelerator. I found some interesting items under the carpet too, which have been there since day one. I can identify a NOS windshield wiper trim piece. There were 3 or 4 bolts not pictured used to mount various items to the interior

panels.
View attachment 7496View attachment 7497
View attachment 7498

WOW, look at that floor....could eat off of that...amazing.

My parts car came from Ohio, it was a hardtop that was only driven from 65-71, and the floors didn't look that good! Not even going to discuss the convertible floor.

Pretty sure that curved piece to the left of the wiper molding is the clip that goes in the end of the lower windshield trim and screws to the body at the base of the A pillar.

Back