vintage style wiper blades

70Tom

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get correct silver wiper blades for a 70 SF? There were some ugly modern blades on there, and I have no intent on putting them back on the car.

Trico has a classic line that looks pretty decent.

I had a hard time finding them locally and bought a set at Carlisle a couple years ago.

Edit: I just remembered why I couldn't find them. The Classic line now only goes to 15".

You can use a 15" set or look for some good used wipers and I believe you should be able to get new inserts.

Last edited:
I got a set at the local parts store, refills.
Trico 43-160
CarQuest 453-160

Functioning but different than the originals.
Trico 44-160
CarQuest 454-160

Alan

Sorry, for some reason I missed these posts. Must have been busy.

Yeah, I was thinking of finding an old set and then putting refills in them. If anyone has a set, I'd be interested.

Trico has a classic line that looks pretty decent.

I had a hard time finding them locally and bought a set at Carlisle a couple years ago.

Edit: I just remembered why I couldn't find them. The Classic line now only goes to 15".

You can use a 15" set or look for some good used wipers and I believe you should be able to get new inserts.
John, they took 16" blades, correct?

John, they took 16" blades, correct?

My Chrysler does and I assume the Fury does too. The 15" should work though. It's just a little less coverage and how often are you going to be driving in the rain?

Rain-X or something similar is your friend.

My Chrysler does and I assume the Fury does too. The 15" should work though. It's just a little less coverage and how often are you going to be driving in the rain?

Rain-X or something similar is your friend.
Seeing as I spent $65 on a wiper motor rebuild kit, all the time! Especially here in Phoenix. Haha.

Seeing as I spent $65 on a wiper motor rebuild kit, all the time! Especially here in Phoenix. Haha.
I was on a long layover at the Phoenix airport once. I had a hard time getting lunch because the supply trucks hadn't been in to deliver food. I asked why and was told "because of the rain".

This cracked me up... We get over 10 feet of snow here a season. It can drop a foot of the white stuff overnight... and I can still get lunch anywhere. LOL!!

Fairly certain Rock Auto doesn't have these.

wipers.jpg

OK, so according to my research, 2889859 is the correct part number for a 2-door Plymouth full size in 70. They were ANCO.

Here's a picture of a NOS set that is currently selling on eBay for $500.

s-l1600.jpg

Someone here should have a set of frames and get the blades at the local parts store.

Alan

I got a set at the local parts store, refills.
Trico 43-160
CarQuest 453-160

Functioning but different than the originals.
Trico 44-160
CarQuest 454-160

Alan

let me check, I may have a set.....Only 499.99 LOL....I'll PM if I have some

Back