Vision hurst wheels

68fastop

Reaction score
I am looking at getring a new set of wheels among other things to clear my ssbc disc brakes. Im wanting to go to atleast a 17 maybe 18 with a classic style wheel. Wanted to see what people think of this vision hurst wheel in a 17. I like the look of it just dont know how itd look on my car. I will be putting a black vinyl top back on the car in place of the white that was there. Thanks
Screenshot_20190903-230101.png
20190829_224838.jpg
for any thoughts and opinions!

I've always really liked the traditional Hurst wheel and always wonder why the 300Hurst cars never got one.

So, from a "look" stand point, I like it. For a 17" wheel, they look good, but I can't help but notice there is no "Hurst" logo.

Quality? I won't even venture a guess. All the cast wheels are made offshore, so you'll have to look at Vision's reputation across the board to see if they are building decent wheels.

Another thing to note is the original Hurst wheel was a two piece wheel with a cast center and a steel rim. You only see that with Cragar SS and Keystone Klassic wheels these days.

I like it too, but given a choice I'd likely go with a more traditional polished Magnum 500 in 17" size. The original 14" Magnum available for your car originally is in my opinion the best wheel in terms of looks for that car.

If you go with a Magnum, remember there are many choices - some good, some not so good.

Unlike a paint job, ultimately they're just wheels - easy to change out if you decide you don't like them. Have fun!

I've always really liked the traditional Hurst wheel and always wonder why the 300Hurst cars never got one.

So, from a "look" stand point, I like it. For a 17" wheel, they look good, but I can't help but notice there is no "Hurst" logo.

Quality? I won't even venture a guess. All the cast wheels are made offshore, so you'll have to look at Vision's reputation across the board to see if they are building decent wheels.

Another thing to note is the original Hurst wheel was a two piece wheel with a cast center and a steel rim. You only see that with Cragar SS and Keystone Klassic wheels these days.

I did see they have the matching hurst center caps for them. I was leaning towards the 17 inch magnums or keystones also. Definately want to stay away from torq thrusts. Too overdone for me.

Screenshot_20190904-144121.png

That Hurst center cap makes that wheel.
Those are gorgeous!

That 15x8 would look great on the Monaco with the thin line wws.
Mmmmm.
Then slap a couple Hurst badges on the front fenders.
Instant “Rare” Hurst Monaco! :D

They look too modern imo; not really "classic style".
Besides that, I think two-tone wheels do not combine well with a two-tone car.

Another option is the American Racing VN501. It is a modern aluminum version of the Magnum 500 and it is available in modern sizes - mine are 17s. It is not chrome, so if that is a requirement it will not satisfy you, but it is polished and is close to chrome with its shine. I put a set on my Sport Fury a couple years back and I love 'em. They are reasonably priced, too, as I got mine from Summit for $179 each, delivered. Here is a picture so you can see them and decide if you might be interested in going this route.
68 Sport Fury VN501 & Comp Sport TA 2.JPG

Back