Wagon parts - what are the 'holy grai'l parts?

Homerr

Reaction score
I may be in the market for a 1969-73 Town & Country wagon soon. What are some wagon-specific parts that I should make sure are present on a car to purchase?

In general, are the parts from the driver/passenger doors forward all the same with the appropriate model year - like parts from a '69 Newport match a '69 T&C? This is excepting woodgrain/woodgrain trim of course.

Outside of the obvious, tailgate, fold down rear seats, roof, bumper, interior panels, etc.

Tail lights are wagaon specific as is the gas tank, on models without the woodgrain the quarter panel trim is different than the 4-door sedan and hardtops.

So yes doors, dash, front seat and everything forward of the fron seat is the same as the others.

Alan

To be more clear - are there any wagon pieces that are impossible to find?

Maybe tail lenses or interior finish panels?

Rust free tail gates that you can afford to have shipped. If the seller will pack and ship it.

ANY taillight trim, tailgate trim, basically any wagon-specific part is going to be difficult to source, and NOTHING is being reproduced that is wagon-specific. ALL T&C and other wagon interior and exterior trim bits are hard to find!!! Rear seat cushions are wagon-specific.

Doors and door interior panels and glass will interchange with a four-door; as will the front seat/seats.

Essentially, if you come upon a parts wagon somewhere, strip it of ALL usable wagon bits...ALL of them.

Last edited:
Hello!
Just joined.
It says "MOPAR WAGONS" and mine is older than the ones I see in the replies but it is still a MOPAR wagon, so I thought I'd check out your site. I have a 1960 Plymouth Suburban.
As far as Holy Grail parts for my car were good quarter panels. Had to make them one tiny peice at a time. Rear interior parts just don't exist. Tail light housings are fairly common. Anything plastic, rubber, or cloth are about as hard to find as a Maylasian airliner. Actually, I lucked out and found several sets of factory NOS seat covers for my year wagon and in the correct colors for $780 a set. Its old and there weren't a lot of these made in the first place and who saved wagons? Fortunately, mine was in a barn for 30 years or else it would be 2 or 3 Toyodas.
Oh well, HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Karl.

If one wagon part is going to be hard to source, doesn't it stand to reason that ALL wagon-specific parts are going to be hard to source???

As this was the only way Suburbans and most lower model 1960 Plymouths came. The REALLY SUPER RARE parts are the rubber floor mats. There was/is no carpet available for a 1960 Plymouth Suburban. My floor mat like all, crumbled away. I tried finding a carpet kit but the Suburban carpet extends back further under the middle seat than a non-wagon and the hump is different so you can't use the molded style. I had to order a set for a 4 dr. sedan and had to get an extra yard[expensive], just to extend the carpet back under the middle seat a few inches.

If your headliner cardboard panelz are drooping you won't like the price of those either or the mylar stipz that support those panelz. That'z why I had the headliner fabbed for the Batwagon. You never did answer my question a few weekz ago Karl. You gonna make the 100 mile trip to Carlisle the 2nd week of July so we can drool all over that beauty?

Back