Wagon takes an award home today!

70FuryWagon

Reaction score
I went to a multi-makes car show today at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds where the hosting club picked their 3 favorite vehicles to receive awards, and much to my surprise, my 70 Custom Suburban won one of them. I was out walking in the swap meet area and when I returned the award was sitting on the ground next to my driver's front tire. There were plenty of nicer cars, but I guess they probably liked it because so few still exist in this part of the country.

:70s_rule:

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

Maybe that will help convince your wife that you should keep it! Congrats on the award.

Maybe that will help convince your wife that you should keep it! Congrats on the award.

My wife actually congratulated me on the award (but she still wants it gone). My hope is to still have it in 2 weeks to be at the Mopars in the Park show with it (especially since I already registered and paid).

My wife actually congratulated me on the award (but she still wants it gone). My hope is to still have it in 2 weeks to be at the Mopars in the Park show with it (especially since I already registered and paid).

"But honey, we have to take it to the show, its an award winner!"

Did they come from the factory with the dual bulge hood? Could they be ordered with the hidden headlights also? That absolutely is one nice wagon!

Did they come from the factory with the dual bulge hood? Could they be ordered with the hidden headlights also? That absolutely is one nice wagon!

The dual bulge hood was used on the entire Fury/Suburban line up in 1970 ONLY (no matter which of the 4 engine choices were selected). The hood turn signals were optional. The hideaway headlights were not optional on any wagon, but they were standard on the top of the line "Sport Suburban" woodgrain sided wagon.

That's an impressive wagon and a well deserved award. Both variations of the twin bulge look fabulous !

Back