Want to Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousehousemoparman

Reaction score
Contact seller
I would like a 1965 Plymouth Fury III 2 door hardtop. It needs to have a good body and I don't care what motor size. I would also be interested in a 1967 Plymouth Fury 4 door hardtop with a good body and would prefer a 318 or a 73-74 Dodge Charger SE Brougham or a 73-74 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus. I have one of two different project cars that I would be willing to discuss trading for. The first car that I have is a 1967 Ford Thunderbird 2 door hardtop. Most of the Thunderbirds produced in 67 were 4 door suicide door landau roof hardtops. Then came the 2 door landau roof sedans. The 2 door hardtop is the rarest of the 67 birds. It is arcadian (baby)blue with a Navy blue interior. The car has some rust but mostly surface.This car is equpped with the hideaway headlights and the sequential turn signal tail lights. Under the hood is a 390 and an automatic. This car has not run in ten years. The motor still spins over. When I parked it, it had an oil pressure issue. I replaced the oil pump and that didn't solve it. I bought a crank kit for it but it never got installed. I had intentions of restoring here but I'm not in love with this car and would prefer to have something I had lusted for more than half my life. If the Thunderbird doesn't do anything for you I also have what is probably one of the rarest Chevy Monte Carlos' ever built. This is ever rarer than the aero coupes which Chevrolet built 6252 in 1986 and 1987.I have a 1981 Chevrolet Monte Carlo T-Top Turbo Coupe. Chevrolet built Monte Carlo Turbo's for two years only. In 1980 they built 13,889 turbo monte Carlo's. The number dropped to 3027 for 1981. The 1980 some will argue is the last year of the 3rd generation Monte and the 81 is the 1st year of the 4th generation. The car that I have I was using as a daily driver until recently. I pulled it from the road because putting two babies in the back seat is too much work. I was never able to break down the production figures beyond what I have quoted above but know that it is rarer than 1 in 3027. This car is loaded with T-Tops, cruise, air, power windows, power seats, power locks, tilt wheel, guage package, you get the idea as the car is loaded with just about every option available. The interior is fair to good altough it was changed out to something custom. I think at one time a previous owner was going to ruin it and make a low rider. Glad that didn't happen. That is the good. Now for the not so good. The T-Tops seals leak as is the case with most of these. Water ran down the A-pillars and the cowl and windsheild door jamb area has rust. The frame is rust free and the rest of the body is fairly good. I have extra bolt on sheet metal to replace everything that has some rust. I also have another 85 Monte Carlo T-top body that is 98 % rustfree to use as a donor car for the cowl or just swap the body onto the turbo frame. I also have a floor shift steering column, console and shifter as well as bucket seats to put in place of the split bench. The car currently runs with what I believe to be the original block but with normally aspirated upper end. I have aquired all the turbo parts to make her a turbo again. Between what I have aquired and the soft parts that are available aftermarket, everthing is available to restore this car. Restoring this car will be easier than restoring just about any Mopar. I have not figured out how to post pics here but can text them from my phone. I would consider selling either car out right is there is interest. I was going to do it myself but I fell into a 71 Dart Swinger with a 383 and also a 70 Duster 340- 4spd. and I just can't do them all. I prefer my Mopars. Thanks Gregg ([email protected])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back