WANTED Wanted 67 air cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd92west

plan C
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for a non CAP 1967 unsilenced air cleaner 383. The one with 13 notches.
I have converted a 66 single snorkel into a unsilenced but the 67 pie tin wont fit a 66. I also have a 68 single snorkel that would work but it dont have the 13 notches.
I have a 67 belvedere, H code. Original drivetrain and figure I'd ask about a original air cleaner.
I realize that this air cleaner is quite rare and expensive. I'm willing to pay up pretty good but not willing to pay the big money that I see them advertised for. I will run my 68 cleaner if I have to and very few would know.
Ship to in Canada, wawanesa manitoba R0K 2G0
in USA, pembina north Dakota 58271
Thanks

There is no such thing as a 1967 unsilenced air cleaner with snorkels.

Every air cleaner with one or two snorkels has a full width base that seals to the aircleaner top.

a 67 Belvedere never came with a pie plate and the air cleaner won’t accept a pie plate, it has the small diameter top area.

The only 1967 cars with a pie plate are L coed 440 HP engines and Imperials which were low performance 440’s with a long single snorkel, and Imperial only aircleaner.

There is no such thing as a 1967 unsilenced CAP air cleaner with snorkels.

Every air cleaner with one or two snorkels has a full width base that seals to the aircleaner top.

a 67 Belvedere never came with a pie plate and the air cleaner won’t accept a pie plate, it has the small diameter top area.
That air cleaner did come with and without the nipple for the CAP.

I realize a pie tin dont fit original b body 383 unsilenced air cleaner. Let's get that out of the way.
If I go with a c body air cleaner, which ain't original, I would have zero issues slapping a 383 super commando pie tin on it.
Also I kinda like the 66 air cleaner that I did surgery on.
Regarding the bottom plate sealing to the top cover. It's as simple as using a cutoff wheel and trimming the bottom plate just outside of were the filter sits.
Instant unsilenced air cleaner. Not original but extremely low dollar.
So back to my original question. I'm looking for a 67 b body 383 unsilenced air cleaner.

20211116_113149.jpg

Last edited:
I realize a pie tin dont fit original b body 383 unsilenced air cleaner. Let's get that out of the way.
If I go with a c body air cleaner, which ain't original, I would have zero issues slapping a 383 super commando pie tin on it.
Also I kinda like the 66 air cleaner that I did surgery on.
Regarding the bottom plate sealing to the top cover. It's as simple as using a cutoff wheel and trimming the bottom plate just outside of were the filter sits.
Instant unsilenced air cleaner. Not original but extremely low dollar.
So back to my original question. I'm looking for a 67 b body 383 unsilenced air cleaner.

View attachment 497446

Just an FYI pie tins won't fit that air cleaner... That being said I believe this is what your looking for.. It's mine and still original but not for sale..

67 unsilenced air cleaner.JPG

67 Air Cleaner 1.JPG

Ok thanks.
The 66 air cleaner I have is aprox 17 inch.
I ran across a 68 single snorkel which is aprox 18 inch. It has the 13 notches.

Ok thanks.
The 66 air cleaner I have is aprox 17 inch.
I ran across a 68 single snorkel which is aprox 18 inch. It has the 13 notches.
Sorry I don't get on this site too much and forgot to measure.. Glad you got what you needed..

I'd appreciate it if you could measure the outside diameter of.your cleaner.
Also can you give ame details on the car it was on. Like 4 speed or automatic. Belvedere/ satellite
Coronet?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back