WANTED Wanted: 69-71 Imperial coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Olaf,

I understand your desire for the 69-71 2 door coupe, as I own a 69 4-door Lebaron. I would like to mention a few details to keep in mind, or you may already know. Please look for one one that is complete as possible, hopefully running. Mine was complete, minus the driver vent window, but it was not running.
The parts for these cars are quickly drying up and get harder to find everyday. Fortunately, the people on this forum are some of the best and many are willing to help any way they can. Several have helped me find parts and I am sure I will need their help in the future. Even though the Imperial is considered a C-body, many, many parts are unique only to the Imperial.
Please do not interpret this as a warning not to get an Imperial. Just be sure to do your homework and make a good purchase, so you do not get discouraged. I am getting very close to having mine back on the road and can't wait.
I hope you have good luck and the people on this forum are truly an invaluable source for guidance and information, so do not hesitate to ask. One final thought, I would always rather see a car on the road, rather than sitting rotting away.
Hopefully, we will hear from you once you have found one. Good luck!

Thank you for writing and for your good advice. Your points are well taken, and with the coupe being even rarer, I am looking for a car not needing any major work and parts. Congratulations on having your car almost done. I am glad to learn that there are many good people on the C body forum. Should I succeed in finding a car, I will be sure to post info about that on the forum. Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back