For Sale Wanted Imperial or NY'er

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking to buy a 67 or 68 Imperial coupe or hardtop which needs only to be maintained, no projects, due to expense of shipping parts and lack of experienced people to work on them on my behalf. No green cars inside or out is only other concern.

detmatt has very kindly been helping me search in the background, but we have not had much joy so now asking again here in the hope somebody is looking to change their pride and joy. A big ask but my fingers are crossed.

I would consider a 66 to 68 New Yorker with same conditions I mentioned, but preference would be the Imperial.

:thankyou:

Looking to buy a 67 or 68 Imperial coupe or hardtop which needs only to be maintained, no projects, due to expense of shipping parts and lack of experienced people to work on them on my behalf. No green cars inside or out is only other concern.

detmatt has very kindly been helping me search in the background, but we have not had much joy so now asking again here in the hope somebody is looking to change their pride and joy. A big ask but my fingers are crossed.

I would consider a 66 to 68 New Yorker with same conditions I mentioned, but preference would be the Imperial.

It has been a tough nut to crack but I have found 2 more project coupes that I’d love to have in the process....:lol:

About 18.000 $ Matt without shipping. It won't be worth bringing it back to the US ;)

About 18.000 $ Matt without shipping. It won't be worth bringing it back to the US ;)
It’s a ‘68 so I’m out, + no power vents but I can see why they think very highly of it.:p

Thanks for the links guys, I know about most of the cars in Europe. Several in Sweden, Germany and one in Finland too, a Mobile Director is also available, but either need work or too expensive for what they are. I'd never buy from Sweden again after the hassle with the Cadillac.

I made the dealer guy in NL an offer on the Le Baron about 2 years ago which he turned down. He will still have it in another 2 years unless he drops the price by some way. It came from a dealer in San Diego, I did my research !

A car from a member here is what I'd like, a car which somebody cared about that I can continue to care about, but once you have one I guess you dont want to part with it.

If anyone in Europe is searching, I'd be happy to post up cars I find but have no interest in ? The pink one in Finland is quite cheap but needs interior and paint minimum. Must be rare in that colour.

One thing I learned after having a '67 Imperial for years, then getting a '67 New Yorker is that finding parts (in general) was significantly easier than for a '67 Imperial, more so than I thought it would be. The two cars have less in common than you'd think, and this is likely MORE true for a '65 or '66.

I have also been surprised at how much lighter the New Yorker feels when driving it, which probably goes without saying. Just things to think about on your search.

Alex, thank you for those links, have not seen all of those.

I do not have facebook so can't contact any of the sellers and only see small ad's and pics.

The red 68 you linked to is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for !

If anyone can help out with contacting the seller for details I'd be greatful. Member closeby to go look see would also be helpful if anyone knows anybody ?

There was a red 68 NYer for sale last year at the Carlisle car coral and it was pretty darn nice on the outside. It was locked so I couldn't look inside. I'd bet this is that car. I seem to recall the asking price was in about the same ballpark too (8 - 9k)

EDIT -- I'm sure this is the same car because he has the same wording in the description: "Preservation rather than restoration" hehe. If it had been a 2-door I would've been all over it

There was a red 68 NYer for sale last year at the Carlisle car coral and it was pretty darn nice on the outside. It was locked so I couldn't look inside. I'd bet this is that car. I seem to recall the asking price was in about the same ballpark too (8 - 9k)

EDIT -- I'm sure this is the same car because he has the same wording in the description: "Preservation rather than restoration" hehe. If it had been a 2-door I would've been all over it
Is it close to you ?

1968 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan 4D
$8,000
Vehicles
Listed 34 weeks ago in Rio Rancho, NM
About this vehicle

Driven 69,000 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior colour: White · Interior colour: Black
Fuel type: Petrol
f66m_mq_6tw.png

Very good condition
Seller's description
Rust free Chrysler New Yorker paint re done 2years ago, New tires, new brakes, straight body, clean title. Since car has sat for 2years it needs a fuel line which was quoted to us recently under $400 to repair. Serious Inquiries pls
Seller information
Yvonne Balli
Joined Facebook in 2009
36989868032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=3b2858&_nc_ohc=GI5PxnPimrIAX_H2vuN&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

62365599744_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=ypUIdp_rr28AX_s0G6U&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

1967 Chrysler Imperial Sedan 4D
$12,500
Vehicles
Listed 2 weeks ago in Berwick, PA
Seller information
John Smith
About this vehicle

Driven 58,000 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior colour: Gold · Interior colour: Brown
Fuel type: Petrol
f66m_mq_6tw.png

Very good condition
Seller's description
1967 crown Imperial 4 dr hardtop. 440/727 trans-58,000 orig miles,4 owner-NO AIR--i have owned this 20 yrs. very good condition.
35680313344_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=3b2858&_nc_ohc=6Xiug63fSxoAX9Nz0Ty&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

75306151936_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=_jR_FmOLI8gAX8XfMAg&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

32524500992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=xfiJT7Phh1YAX8pLTah&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

03716851712_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=s6A6Zf3b-iYAX82ygc5&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

36123381760_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=WyBlOef_I-gAX-SZrJR&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

84735385600_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=KgDKOzPdrEkAX9eLc71&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

31784300544_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=PJP9HjrGJR8AX_V0Rgi&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

63194081280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=xkAuu-h2fwEAX9qIoNc&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

59722436608_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=7DQzGnD0K8wAX8HrlCy&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

CRV, I contacted that 67 seller when I found it on CL about 4 weeks ago. Made an offer dependant on inspection, and he said no.

Did think it was odd that it says no AC, when dash shows a rear AC switch. Has he removed AC and what else was done.? I am not fussed about AC , more concerned with having heating work ! Can't see a compressor on engine pic. Pics are all dated 2016 too ?

I thank you for the link and pics, all much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back