WANTED Sure-Grip third member for 8.75 rear

:head_smack::head_smack::head_smack::head_smack:
WHAT?????

2mev6lz.jpg

That's better...LOL!!! You made some good coin from that commerial....

Funny thing..... I have 3:91/742 combo on a 275/60R15 in my '68 Newport with a 3000 stall, neck snapping shift kit, cammed up, and a single plane M1, right now....... It's quick for what it is, it's fun too....... Changing to a 3.23 or 3.55 I think in the future on its next build. Going closer to stock on th C-body an retain this for my Dart build.

I found the 3.91 characteristics (with everything else anyway) don't suit the car and make a barge sized cruiser such as this less pleasurable.

Curious as to the desire for 3.91's, deep overdrive transmission?

You guys crack me up! Top Heavy, I have a '66 Newport. It's a 383 2bbl car with 2.76 gears. I want a little more pep. The 383 is tired so I decided to build a 440 for it. I want to do something close to what you did with your '68, stall, shift kit, etc. I am starting the resto on Monday. Doing the body first so I have some time. Just want to see what's out there.

Very true, I think it's my favorite. All I have are a couple of 3.23 sure grips and a 3.55 and really the 3.55 and one of the 3.23's are spoken for. So really I just have one spare sure grip and that one could go with my hdtp Challenger if I keep it.

Would you take it for long highway trips?

I did'nt mind taking it on a 2 hour run to Carlisle and running 80 miles per hour. At 22 years old I didnt pay attention to the engine screaming, music was probably too loud

Yeah, and I bet that absolutely raped your gas mileage.....although probably not a concern at that moment I would understand.

Back in 88' yeah it was a concern. I was making $200.00 bucks a week and the car got 6 miles to the gallon. That was my daily driver

Last edited:
Hey guys. Decided to tone it down a little and go with 3.55's. I figured that is a happy medium. I love the way the big girl cruises down the road and would hate to lose that. If anybody has a Sure-Grip third member with 3.55's in a 742 case, please let me know. John

Back