WARNING! YARMATZ!

69PHOENIX

Reaction score
O.K.
It's my own fault.
I was Old Enough to Know Better But Too Young to Resist.
Been Looking for a Filter Spacer for a Deep Trans Sump for some time.
Was Kindly given a Part number by one of our Members a while back.
Went Web Shopping & Found one at a Reasonable Price so ordered & Paid.
Unfortunately it didn't arrive. Sent Emails... No Reply!
Looked up the Company & Apparently they are a Scam from what I can see.
YARMATZ is the Name, just letting other people know so they don't get caught.
I WAS STUPID!
I received an Email saying that their U.S. W/House was out of Stock so would I kindly send Payment to China. Sometimes I'm downright SLOW.
But I had been looking for so Long.
I was actually finding Plenty But what with the Price & Postage Etc that small piece of Metal was going to cost me A$200, so when I found one at around half price !!!
Anyway the other Question I have is: Why is American Postage so Expensive?
I was looking at buying a Couple of Indicator Lenses & the Postage was US$130.00 WTH
I can order a Ten Disc DVD set from England & the Postage is less then US$10
A Single DVD from England is normally US$3.00-$4.00
U.S.Sellers quote around US$27.00 for the same thing.
Some poor Bloke must have to deliver by Row Boat is all I can Figure. LOL
Anyway Maybe we should have a Permanent "SCAMMERS" Page.
What do you Guys Think?
Tony.M

P.S.
Some may think I sound like a Miserable Tight Fist & I don't Deny it.
But when you're trying to work on an Old Car you need to keep the Money under Control. I collect DVDs & many years ago I was explaining to a Mate that sometimes I would wait months for the Price to Drop before I bought a Particular Movie. He laughed until I pointed out that even if I only saved $5.00 (I've done a Lot better than that) I owned over 2,500 Movies. Figure it out for yourself. It means Money to Spend on other Goodies. Regards!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. What was the perceived need for a deeper trans pan? Oil temp decreases or slower fluid degrading from a larger reservoir? 727 or 904? Just curious.

RE: US Postage Overseas

1. The U.S. is a big country and the package first needs to be transported from the pickup point to the airport that is used to ship items overseas.
2. They are putting your package on a plane!
3. The USPS while a government operation is set up to be self-funding and they are loosing money big time.
4. Check out the pricing from alternative shippers like UPS and you won't complain.

FYI, eBay now offers some type of lower priced shipping service. Your package get's shipped to an eBay distribution center that I think is run by DHL and then from the distribution center the package get's shipped overseas but eBay does not tell you by whom. This shipping is slower than USPS Priority Mail but costs less.

CBODY67,
Apologies for taking so long to get back to you. I Forgot!
Forgive Me, But herein Follows a Somewhat Long & Boring Rant, as Old Men tend to Do.
The reason for the Deep Trans Sump is somewhat Involved. Chryslers in OZ never came with Anti Surge Plates, So every time that you got a little Excited with the Loud Pedal about a Hundred Yards down the Road the Oil Warning Light would Light up the Cabin. So I have always wanted to Fit a Larger Capacity Anti Surge Engine Sump.
I had a Design of my Own with Elephant Ears rather than a Deeper Pan to increase Capacity But it was just easier to buy a Commercial Unit. And so Logically the Trans Sump with the Higher Capacity follows, for both the Reasons you mentioned. I may have to have a couple of Protector Plates made for Ground Clearance but if it's too big a Problem I might go back to designing the Elephant Ear Setup. All of this is in the Planning / Waiting on the Shelf Stage as the Car is at the Panel Beaters getting some Rust / Damage Issues Resolved. Only getting the Necessary Repairs, I've given up on Trying for Perfection, I've seen too many incidents of other Club Members Cars being Keyed while everyone was gathered at the Prize Giving Ceremonies or of some Cretin backing into your Car & Driving away. I'm Hoping to make an Enjoyable to Drive Old Man's Toy. Not Pretty, But Reasonably Quick. 383 Performer 4BBL Holley L.P.G. Powered. Electronic Ign. Transgo Kit. Gear vendors, Truetrac with 3.73 / 2.92 Gears, Disc Brake Rear. Air conditioned. 245x70x15 x 8" Fronts, Trying for 295x70x15 x 10" Rears, may have to settle for 275s on Plain Black Rims with Dog Dishes.
Been collecting the parts for 15 Years just hope I live long enough to finish it.
About 25 Years ago I had a Very Nice 59 Custom Royal that I had collected All the Good Gear for, Ready to Resto-Rod. Car was going to Look Original but have All Modern Gear. 4W Discs, 383 C.I. 4BBL, Aluminium P/B T/Flite, 69 Plymouth Power Steer Etc., Lost my Job, Because of my Age it took me 8 Months to find another. Finally got to the Stage that either the House or the Car had to go & you can't live in a Car.
So for the Last 15 or so Years I've slowly collected the Parts, New Bushes, Ball Joints, Etc.,Etc., Until I managed to buy another Car, somewhat Damaged but Repairable.
So this is what provides me with Enthusiasm in my Dotage. Gives me Something to Look Forward to. And we All need Something to look Forward to.
Kind Regards Tony.M

Back