Was going to sell, but sister said to keep in family

very nice wagon.
I just prefer the original hubcaps as road wheels do not belong on a pre 70 to me

Carsten

Though I wanted to keep the car as original as possible I was not willing to fork out the $$ for 14" tires. From an enthusiast point of view switching over from 14" to 15" wheels already removed the authenticity from the car. I did source some 15" hubcaps, but they're not from a '66 which also makes it non authentic. Since I wanted to go to 15" I had several choices to choose from within the Mopar line; Stock wheels, Police Wheels, Magnum 500 Wheels, Mopar Rallye Wheels (includes trim ring/center cap), Mopar Road Wheels (includes trim ring & center cap).

With the Stock Wheel - I could ONLY use a hubcap.
With the Police Wheel - a Black Wall or Raised White Lettering would look best on this. Although a stock hubcap COULD be used, the Black Wall or Raised White Lettering wouldn't go right with it.
With the Magnum 500 Wheels - to me they plain just didn't look right on a wagon. Raised White Lettering would look best.
With the Rallye Wheels - they would look ok, but they were mainly seen on Plymouths & Dodges (Chargers & Cuda's) not Chryslers. Raised white letters would also look best with these wheels, however hubcaps wouldn't look right with them.
With the Road Wheels - They have a Sporty yet Classic look and look great with white walls AND I could swap in hubcaps and still have white walls with these

Since I wanted the option to change the look I opted for the Mopar Road Wheel. By simply removing the trim ring and center cap I could opt for the stock look of a simple hubcap or let the chrome & painted center of the Road Wheel speak for itself. I'd seen the Road Wheel on several cars and really liked how they made the car stand out. This was the best choice for me.

I don't know why you think they don't belong on a pre '70 car.... to me they look great! But it's all a personal preference.... Can't say for sure whether these Road Wheels were around in '66, but I'm sure they were. Would like to know for sure what year they became available and what cars sported them the most.

That style road wheel started in 1970. They look great on your car and I wouldn't change a thing. The Magnum 500 style wheel also looks good on the slab sides.

Magnificent! Screw originality....it's not a one of one Hemi Cuda. Keep the old wheels, but it looks fantastic the way it is now!

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Beautiful car you have a great one and your sister was right admit it. :icon_super:

I think with this smooth silvery paint the argent/chrome Road Wheels complement the car better than the blacked out Magnums, which are actually also called Styled Road Wheels in the 68 brochure for example.

I think Mag 500's would look great on that! If you need a sending unit, let me know as I have a restored one that I don't need. I'm in Vacaville.

Look at this! Twins?

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4769160365.html

00V0V_bjaSNTu8YN6_600x450.jpg

01111_2sfh2Fojo5l_600x450.jpg

00q0q_2wHUESS50Sk_600x450.jpg

00X0X_kEEnkgwnRCg_600x450.jpg

00P0P_4ThBRl68H4K_600x450x1.jpg

Nice wagon, glad it's staying in the family. I generally like the road wheels, but I think the Magnum 500's would look killer on it.

That's a beautiful wagon! But for safety's sake that single master cylinder should be replaced with a dual tandem unit. I can't believe its in such great shape!

That's a beautiful wagon! But for safety's sake that single master cylinder should be replaced with a dual tandem unit. I can't believe its in such great shape!

I agree, just need to verify which is the correct dual master to use for this car. Got a lot of good info from a previous posting I posted regarding it.

[QUOTE="SF-66TC
So here's B4 and AFTER pics of BLUE with her New Shoes and Soles (old tires and boxes stuffed in the back haha)!
I think the Road Wheels give the car a Sporty yet Classy look :eek:s_dancing2:
[/ATTACH]

[/QUOTE]

I like it with the wheel covers, but it looks great either way.

you need to buy your sister something really nice. but did she really have to talk you into keeping it?
She can buy me something really nice since I've been doing all the work on it. I just finished rebuilding the entire front end - control arm, strut rod, sway bar bushings, ball joints, tie-rods, idler & pitman arms, tubular control arms, shocks, '73 front disc conversion, dual master, rebuilt power booster, Firm Feel's Stage-1 Steering box and Rear Sway Bar... recored radiator, new clutch fan, new hoses, belts, rebuilt carb, wheels, tires etc... YADDI YADDA YADDA.... Dumped way too much $$$ into this thing the past year. It probably DIDN'T need everything I've done, but as you know once you get started it's hard to stop :( I'm now installing Summits Mopar Electronic dizzy & ecu.... never ends!! :BangHead:

Last edited:
Back