Was there a 26" radiator support ever?

superfragl

Reaction score
I was looking for a 26" rad. support for my Fury and could not find one. All I find is 22" wide. I have a spare 22" one that I was going to modify, but I would like to see a picture of a factory 26" support..
Any advise here?

What year is your fury? I have a couple of radiator supports for 26in radiators.

All the C body factory A/C cars had the 26" inch support, at least mine do. B bodies as well, but not A bodies.

I have to disagree, my 66-300 has it cut out from the factory, not stamped. I know this as I knew the original owner and my Dad car pooled in it.

I have a 66 Sport Fury convertible with AC. I changed it from a 22" radiator to a 26" radiator when I upgrades to a 440 CI from the original 383 CI engine. I bought the radiator support and radiator from Murray Park. Good luck, the 26" is well worth it.

My 66 Fury /6 non-A/C car had a radiator support with a 22" radiator mounted to it and a 26" radiator bolted right on. The car was all original.
I can't explain it.

Last edited:
I don't have a good 68 parts book. The downloadable version is missing most of section 7. I do have a good 67 book.

Screen shot from 67 parts manual. This is the listing for the C bodies.

rad yoke.jpg

Sigh.... :( I don't know what to say, John. I know what I did. (shrugs shoulders)
The 22" radiator had a huge big *** flange.
The 26" radiator bolted to the same holes on the support that the big-*** flanges bolted to.
I had a radiator that came out of my brother's 69 Satellite that was really narrow with a bracket on it. I think it was 18 or 19" wide. It fit directly into a 22" radiator yoke. Fit nice in my drag car.

Only one I ever saw in a V8 car.

I had a radiator that came out of my brother's 69 Satellite that was really narrow with a bracket on it. I think it was 18 or 19" wide. It fit directly into a 22" radiator yoke. Fit nice in my drag car.

Only one I ever saw in a V8 car.
Here's my 69 Monaco 318 with a 19" rad and the bracket to fit the 22" yoke

20170512_132531.jpg

Ok. Now Im wondering if I had a 19 and put in a 22. Now that makes sense. It was a base /6 car. When I dropped in the BB, it obviously was a 22 I remember as a 26 putting in. Just remembering smaller to larger - one support.
Mystery solved thanks to old men with hats.

Back