Washer bottle cleanup

boostedvan

Reaction score
I went and picked up some random Cbody parts today from a guy on Craigslist, as I was digging through all the parts I found an intact washer bottle. Its dirty and gross, but the one on my car is in many, many pieces so this is a big upgrade.
Does anyone know of a way to deep clean and detail a washer bottle without ruining the original plastic? I know how fragile they are, and honestly I'm afraid to look at it the wrong way in fear it might break on me. Any help is greatly appreciated!

20190224_215303.jpg

20190224_220045.jpg

I’ve seen a few that simply crumble once cleaned
I personally would try a very mild dish soap and plastic brush and forget about the factory translucent white ...

I second the dish soap as a first try. Also a gentle quick rub with Simple Green to see if it whitens up. Pretty agressive stuff though, so it's gotta be quick and immediately well rinsed off.

I found a decent one in a junkyard and soaked it overnight in evapo-rust, which from what I understand is basically soap and citric acid. Turned out ok for me. If you want to try citric acid, it's used for baking...I think you can buy it most anywhere.
20180709_145131.jpg
20180710_203603.jpg

I found a decent one in a junkyard and soaked it overnight in evapo-rust, which from what I understand is basically soap and citric acid. Turned out ok for me. If you want to try citric acid, it's used for baking...I think you can buy it most anywhere.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback and pictures. Yours turned out pretty darn nice by the looks of it. I will be trying it tonight, sounds more effective than the Denture cleaning tablets I had read about elsewhere

Back