Washer bottles

If they aren't licensed through Chrysler I would have zero interest. I need the correct part numbers on it

If they aren't licensed through Chrysler I would have zero interest. I need the correct part numbers on it

I asked the guy at VANs that I talked to about it being a licensed reproduction part, as that would be important to me also to have all the correct Chrysler logo and words on the tank too. He said he was almost certain that was the case, and why they weren't doing the reproduction themselves (because they don't normally go through that process, but their supplier routinely does). But we won't know for sure until we see it I guess.................... He also said they license cost was not that stiff a charge from Chrysler as well.

Last edited:
For anyone who cares, I bought a reproduction console from Vans. The whole package, bezel and all. The body is by Tonys, a China made part. After I bought it I was told It needs modifications to the body. After putting it into the car regardless I saw what they meant. The lid wouldn't close as the metal top hit the bezel. I took it back to them at Carlisle and they worked it and now it is very nice.
Point behind my ramblings, Vans is a good vendor that stands behind what they sell. I'm glad their here.

Thought crossed my mind but i got the NOS one yesterday for 75 buck's i gotta hang on to it who knows if ill ever find another NOS one . I wanna see how close the new tanks will look im still trying to see if they will do 69 bottles.
I know what you mean. Sometimes you have to buy the whole car just for a decent bottle.
8EAB06C1-D4D2-4CBD-8F64-7C8413085DDF.jpeg

For anyone who cares, I bought a reproduction console from Vans. The whole package, bezel and all. The body is by Tonys, a China made part. After I bought it I was told It needs modifications to the body. After putting it into the car regardless I saw what they meant. The lid wouldn't close as the metal top hit the bezel. I took it back to them at Carlisle and they worked it and now it is very nice.
Point behind my ramblings, Vans is a good vendor that stands behind what they sell. I'm glad their here.

Yes, while I was talking with the guy there, one of the two principals, I mentioned how impressed I was with some of their other reproduction stuff that I have bought.

After I was talking with him about doing the washer bottle he told me the shipping on the new fuel tank I was buying would be free! He appreciated my comments he said. And he threw in some of the accompanying gasket, filter sock and float for their cost.

Very good people. Very passionate about what they do.

I think if you own a c body that gives you a little more slack. As far as drifting away from o.e.m. You have to sometimes. Internet was still in its infancy when I bought my 72. I’ve got formal directional indicators on my fenders cause I gave up on looking for the bulbs for the lower profile 72 ones. Who cares? Get em working and drive them.
This was also back in 90s when if you couldn’t find it locally, you improvised. I didn’t have the luxury of an elderly 1 owner estate sale fuselage landing in my lap that I can be an own nazi with.

A little more progress on repairing the bottle. It's been quite a bit of work and still not sure if it is going to hold water. I need to put a couple more layers of cloth on before testing.
View attachment 177400
I'm reporting back that I am throwing in the towel on this repair technique. The bottle is too far gone and I can't stop all the leaks. I think it would work well with a cracked water bottle, but large pieces of this one were gone.

i have one nos one left for a 70 GT 475.00..had 2 but sold one last nite on the board here....DONT SNOOZE..

Back