Washer nozzle placement

Reaction score
I am preparing to install the windshield washer nozzles on Shamu, my 69 Fury III vert and don’t know where the nozzles are placed. The FSM and the parts catalog don’t show where.
Does anyone have pictures of or can you take a picture of where the nozzles go?

I believe that they mount to the bottom of the hood, but haven’t discovered where they may mount.

Look in the area of the "cowl grate" on the underside of the hood. Should be just poking through a gap on each side of that area, as I recall.

Look in the area of the "cowl grate" on the underside of the hood. Should be just poking through a gap on each side of that area, as I recall.
Thank you! I am unsure if they mount to the underside of the hood or to the cowl.
I took a couple of pictures of how my car sits and the right side nozzle I picked up on eflay.

I believe that the cowl grate has been replaced.
A picture will speak volumes.
CAB7B6B7-A3D2-47B7-A0E8-8922FA43FF84.jpeg
3C130F74-A771-47A0-980C-8270C79B0026.jpeg
BA89F9E3-1D01-434A-9E9C-2AD29D2F0684.jpeg

The cowl grate has been replaced. Only saw that wire mesh on earlier '70s GM cars which did not come from the factory with a cowl grate. Chryslers were black plastic. Have to have something to keep the leaves and debris from clogging up the cowl and its drains.

The nozzles should mount to the underside of the hood structure. There should be some information in the FSM as to aiming where the water solution stream should hit the glass.

The cowl grate has been replaced. Only saw that wire mesh on earlier '70s GM cars which did not come from the factory with a cowl grate. Chryslers were black plastic. Have to have something to keep the leaves and debris from clogging up the cowl and its drains.

The nozzles should mount to the underside of the hood structure. There should be some information in the FSM as to aiming where the water solution stream should hit the glass.
Agreed.
F2A9CB4A-633C-44E0-9EE3-6D0C75D57CB6.jpeg
I found this in the FSM:

I am preparing to install the windshield washer nozzles on Shamu, my 69 Fury III vert and don’t know where the nozzles are placed. The FSM and the parts catalog don’t show where.
Does anyone have pictures of or can you take a picture of where the nozzles go?

I believe that they mount to the bottom of the hood, but haven’t discovered where they may mount.
Best I have is this from a 69 Monaco. They mount to the upward sloping rear surface of the hood.

20170512_132531.jpg

Back