Water skipping

rush

Reaction score
Since it's been snowing here for the last couple of days it's time to get fired up to do some snowmobiling.
This guy set the new world record for water skipping at 106mph.

4718_watercrossing1024.jpg

I've done my share of water skipping it's easy to do just keep your speed up and you'll be fine. I did sink my old invader in the dark and had to swim over to the ice and climb out. That was not a lot of fun by yourself.

111,9 miles :skier:

[video=youtube_share;wX6HsaC0zN0]http://youtu.be/wX6HsaC0zN0[/video]

They drag race them on asphalt in the summertime around here. One guy got killed a couple years ago at the top end of the local drag strip. He just went through the traps at 160MPH.

I've seen them go 160 in a 1000 ft on ice many times. Those people must have very deep pockets because there is nothing cheap about snowmobiling. lol!!!!!!

I don't have the balls to race them on asphalt, and too afraid of the consequences of those long water skips. Short stints across water are fine though. I prefer the steep and deep of the Rockies.

Here's the wife on her 2003 summit

heres her newer sled

That looks like fun. We sure don't get that much snow around here anymore. I have a 1'' hacksaw on both of my rushes the only thing there good for is groomed trails. I tried them last year when we go 20 inches and boy did they suck.

1 051.jpg

Here I am trying to get down the track not enough traction. I needed chisels to race these guys. Fall maintenance on my rush. New head,reeds,pistons, etc must go faster.

XCR%20wheelie%203.jpg

rush 3.jpg

What happened only to cross country skiing ? ;)

Back