We can't ignore the coronavirus.....

General Discussion

1. 67newport

67newport Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

98560e93188f9ac0c133e6d4382f3e98a5492d64.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. bnz84

bnz84 Active Member

I wouldn't compare the past H1N1 cases and deaths totals to current Covid-19 ones...until its over. That's a version of manipulation also. I hope they remain low but since posting yesterday the deaths have almost tripled. I'm not a hype guy either and turn it off once I get me fill but it only took one call to my elderly parents to humble me and my invincibility. Most of us are used to fixing things and get frustrated when we cant. Its a control thing. People buying a stupid amount of anything really is them trying to get some kind of control. For me I might just go get 8 cases of beer, but its a kind of the same thing. The good news is I have a ton of spring projects and now no FOMO! Everybody in the same boat/c-body.

3. 78Brougham

78Brougham "Chump" FCBO Gold Member

It's up your ass, why don't you finger it.:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

Yeah, buying some water and shutting her up is letting her run my life. Mellow out you grumpy bastard!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. thrashingcows

thrashingcows Senior Member

Bio-Terrorism....Thought I would do a little reading on this conspiracy theory and found a very informative page in Wiki. Please take a few minutes to read through the information in there and educate yourself to what has actually, and is currently happening.

Misinformation and conspiracy theories related to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic - Wikipedia

I read another article about how the China ambassador tweeted about the US military causing the Corvid-19 virus within Wuhan province, found it funny how irate the US administration got over that while at the same time certain member of their staff, and their sympathetic commenting heads on TV/on-line keep commenting and making reference to the Corvid-19 virus as being a purposeful act by the Chinese government. :rolleyes:

6. 69 300 vert

69 300 vert Well-Known Member

Well, that wasn't very helpful. We all know it started with a youtube video...:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

:lol:

8. Mario Adorf 68

Mario Adorf 68 New Member

9. patrick66

patrick66 Old Man with a Hat

Last day at work before working-from-home begins. Possibly, up to three months. That's gonna suck. This place is as quiet as a morgue today. Many got a one-day jump on things. I like work. Just not a telecommute-kind of guy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. live4theking

live4theking Old Man with a Hat

It seems as though there is a great deal of truth in this. As with polling to see which political candidate is going to win an election the sample that is used determines to the outcome of the poll, or testing in this instance. PA for example if you do a political poll and your sample is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh it is going to more than likely come up overwhelmingly favoring the democrat whereas if you sample rural counties it would be either a closer match or lean republican.

Much of the problem in my opinion with the current "crisis" is the advent of 24 hour news channels. The continual drone about the situation causes those in our midst that lack the ability to think for themselves to get whipped into a frenzy because of being overwhelmed by the constant drone of information. This cause crazy behavior that empties stores of TP and the such. I'm not aware of a single store in our county with certainty that has toilet paper in stock.

People need to learn to think for themselves and not to be so easily influenced by the talking heads on TV.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Big_John

Big_John Illegitimi non carborundum FCBO Gold Member

12. 68PK21 440.6bbl

68PK21 440.6bbl Old Man with a Hat

Yea it's amazing how just a week of so ago I was talking to some Yankee that was listening to way too much talk radio, with comments, more people died of the flu last year, blah blah, blah etc. I tried to tell him to watch the video online on how they treat this kind of one of the many corona virus's and the I think 3 ways/stages of treating it over the past couple of decades back into the 90's. Nope wouldn't listen to me, can't wait to run into him again and ask him what he thinks of COVID-19 now. (I just hope I see him somewhere other than the FEMA camps set up for us old people on a ventilator).

13. 70bigblockdodge

70bigblockdodge Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. cbarge

cbarge World Famous Barge in a Budget FCBO Gold Member

As a Canadian, I was going to announce my car show travels and dates.
    Most of the shows I am planning to attend are U.S. state side.
    That is on hold till this blows over.

15. stubs300

stubs300 Senior Member

Well at least I can ignore it now! My test results came back negative!!!!!!!

90342591_10219427137086360_7128172340008976384_n.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. King Hooter

King Hooter Active Member

As of 5 pm March 17 2020 I will be laid off for 2 to 8 weeks. Since the American Legion where I manage the kitchen doesn't have a drive thru or delivery service per the governor. I may have to dip into my "to buy a c body fund" just to pay the bills if the unemployment is less than adequate.

And as luck would have it I finally found a really nice 74 Newport in my price range.

1974 chrysler newport 1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

Well that absolutely sucks! Be grateful you have the fund to fall back on, many don't. :thumbsup:

18. Fratzog

Fratzog Old Man with a Hat

Dave's quote is crystal clear and for anyone with half a brain it raises a legit concern. Even a cursory review of the history of the Chinese communist regime reveals death toll estimates ranging from 30 to 80 million victims through starvation, persecution, prison labour and mass executions. They have a horrendous human rights record which belies the worthlessness of individual human life to the regime. Here's a few tidbits to consider about Human Rights Violations in China
    1. Authorities control citizens’ internet use by blocking social media sites and restricting news publications.
    2. The government only allows five officially recognized religions in approved religious sites.
    3. Although labor laws allow trade union organization and elections of trade union committees, the government still controls these rights.
    4. In 2017, China ranked 100 among 144 countries for gender parity for the ninth year in a row.
    5. Uighurs, Tibet and Tibetan-populated areas endure higher poverty rates, displacement, discrimination and crucial human rights issues.
    6. Authorities continue to conduct politically motivated prosecutions.
    7. About 500,000 individuals are currently detained without trial, charge or access to legal aid.
    8. The Social Credit System is due to be fully implemented by 2020. Once implemented the system will manage the rewards, or punishments, of citizens on the basis of their economic and personal behavior.
    Only a fool like mysinbin would ignore the possibility of biological terrorism initiated by a regime with the above characteristics.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. 300rag

300rag Waiting out the storm FCBO Gold Member

Grab you favourite beverage, a roll of toilet paper and do your best...

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  20. 67newport

67newport Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

8e753010e08d17eab39fed80f38a274f61a83335.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1