Welcome 300C to FCBO!

300C

Reaction score
Long time Chrysler collector

Thank you all for the welcomes! I have been reading on this site for a long time and finally took the time to jump in. Like most all of the members (if I may) I've been bitten by this C body bug for most of my life starting with mom's newly purchased '68 300 that I have owned since 1975....I can remember that day in June 1968, I was 11, when dad brought it home and said it was a sport model. What? 4 doors? Oh, ok, a 440! Little did I know then what the 300 legacy was all about but I quickly learned! Any wa...here's that '68. All original, with an unmolested 440, and 83K mile....crank windows, no A/C. But boy does it run....and run well! I also have a '57 300C and '64 Shriner Imperial convertible, both fully restored. I know the pains of putting these big boys together. Something about the definition of insanity? Thanks again for the kind welcome!

1968 300.JPG

Hey, there´s nothing wrong with a 4dr! Greetings from Finland.:welcome:

Posting pictures of the Imperial would be highly recommended.

Thank you for that! You're right, and the roof line on those '68s is pretty cool, even more so with all 4 windows rolled down! Here's the Imperial, a documented Shriner edition. I really wanted a '57 or '58 but after having restored my'57 300C, I decided what little hair I have left would be best left on my head rather than on the garage floor....thanks for your interest!

1964 Imp.JPG

Welcome from another '68 300 owner in NJ! You have some great looking cars.

Hi! Thanks! This is essentially all original with some minor few issues....amazing car and the sentimentality attached to it is priceless. Would like to see your '68 and learn of its history.....I often wonder about the survival rate of these things. I know the converts are out there. They do come up for sale enough. Coupes, too....4 doors, not so much. I remember as a kid seeing Newports all the time and I guess for the few extra bucks more than a Chevy or Ford, people really could "Move Up to Chrysler" and still burn regular gas. My dad bought that 300 new by trading in our 3 year old '65 Impala. When he brought it home I remember thinking that Chryslers were for affluent folks....we were not poor, but..... anyway, 51 years later and it's still here in very nice shape. A coat of Collinite 915 every now and then keeps that paint like new!

Pictures of yours and its story? I'm in Somerset, you?

Thanks again!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi! Thanks! This is essentially all original with some minor few issues....amazing car and the sentimentality attached to it is priceless. Would like to see your '68 and learn of its history.....I often wonder about the survival rate of these things. I know the converts are out there. They do come up for sale enough. Coupes, too....4 doors, not so much. I remember as a kid seeing Newports all the time and I guess for the few extra bucks more than a Chevy or Ford, people really could "Move Up to Chrysler" and still burn regular gas. My dad bought that 300 new by trading in our 3 year old '65 Impala. When he brought it home I remember thinking that Chryslers were for affluent folks....we were not poor, but..... anyway, 51 years later and it's still here in very nice shape. A coat of Collinite 915 every now and then keeps that paint like new!

Pictures of yours and its story? I'm in Somerset, you?

Thanks again!
I am in northern Bergen County. I have the 300 about 3 years. It was from an estate in Holtin, In. and currently has 71,000 miles. A/C, Power windows, leather interior.

Forgot the text (still getting my feet wet on this site!) ....this is the other 300 in my garage....only wish it was a drop-top....'57 300C

Back