Welcome 66 Monaco 500 365 to FCBO!

Reaction score
I've been a MoPar nut since I was 14.
I've owned A, B and C bodies, currently my only classic MoPar is a 1966 Monaco 500 with a 365 horsepower 440, automatic, floor shift, PS, PDB, tach, A/C, Tilt, Power seats and windows, vacuum trunk. It was ordered in a very unusual color combination, Mauve over white with a black and white interior.
I've had this car for 20 years.
I have it mechanically sound but is in need of a bunch of aesthetic fixes.
My first C body was a 4 door Monaco I drove to high school in the early '70s , I've had a couple '69 Rodrunners (one A12 clone, my fastest car, 13.05 at 103.8) a 4 speed '70 RR, a '68 Chrysler Newport convertible and a host of other MoPars.
Scott

Davea Lux

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been a MoPar nut since I was 14.
I've owned A, B and C bodies, currently my only classic MoPar is a 1966 Monaco 500 with a 365 horsepower 440, automatic, floor shift, PS, PDB, tach, A/C, Tilt, Power seats and windows, vacuum trunk. It was ordered in a very unusual color combination, Mauve over white with a black and white interior.
I have it mechanically sound but is in need of a bunch of aesthetic fixes.
My first C body was a 4 door Monaco I drove to high school in the early '70s , I've had a couple '69 Rodrunners (one A12 clone, my fastest car, 13.05 at 103.8) a 4 speed '70 RR, a '68 Chrysler Newport convertible and a host of other MoPars.
Scott

Welcome

Ross Wooldridge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome from another 66 Monaco owner (Canadian version, equivalent to USA Monaco 500 model), with very similar options, except mine has a 4 speed. Lots of pictures of your car please!

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
Hello from a '66 Dodge crackhead. Please post some pictures of your car.

Reaction score
Here is one from Cruisin' Grand a couple years ago.
The Superbird is my friend's, it is a 440 6 bbl, and it won first prize at Fall Fling, all MoPar car show on their wing car feature meeting. More of my car to come, I have to find them!

Monaco and bird.jpg

ayilar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
currently my only classic MoPar is a 1966 Monaco 500 with a 365 horsepower 440, automatic, floor shift, PS, PDB, tach, A/C, Tilt, Power seats and windows, vacuum trunk. It was ordered in a very unusual color combination, Mauve over white with a black and white interior.

Here is one from Cruisin' Grand a couple years ago
Thank you for the pics and a belated welcome! Any plans to go back from mauve to white?

Reaction score
Hi, I don't believe it will ever go back, Mauve is too strange of a color, even for just the roof. When I bought the car the roof was almost all surface rust. I'm continuing to work on the mechanicals before aesthetics. I installed new fuel tank and pickup and rear sway bar yesterday.