Welcome 66 Monaco 500 365 to FCBO!

Hi, I don't believe it will ever go back, Mauve is too strange of a color, even for just the roof. When I bought the car the roof was almost all surface rust. I'm continuing to work on the mechanicals before aesthetics. I installed new fuel tank and pickup and rear sway bar yesterday.
I'd love to see more pics of your car, inside and out, in its original shape.

In case you missed it, here is a thread on a mauve Monaco 500 in Illinois: I respectfully submit that the Monaco looks great in that color combo:

Mauve 1966 Monaco 500 on My Car Story

That does look good, my car has reverse color, white body and mauve roof. I did some playing with photoshop, I think I will stay with all white and black and white interior.
My car was parked in the desert for a decade or more, the interior is cooked. I'll dig up some more photos.

I would bet your car as optioned (mauve roof and white body), is extremely unusual, and could well be one of the only ones so optioned that year. You might consider returning it to that configuration simply due to that rarity.

That does look good, my car has reverse color, white body and mauve roof. (...) I'll dig up some more photos.
I would bet your car as optioned (mauve roof and white body), is extremely unusual, and could well be one of the only ones so optioned that year. You might consider returning it to that configuration simply due to that rarity.
@66 Monaco 500 365 -- it is your car, and your enjoyment is what matters. The next owner can always repaint the roof in the original color, if that matters. This said, I agree fully with @Ross Wooldridge -- I have never seen a '66 with your color combo, which to my eyes is more like a 1950's combo to me. It'd be great to see yours return to original as you are dealing with the rust and may be repainting the roof anyways.

I've let some pretty rare cars go.
'69 Roadrunner with factory power windows, A/C, Disk brakes and a '67 Satellite convertible with A/C so I'm not going to let this one go and my son will keep it after he inherits it.
I believe it is a very unusual build, with the odd color combo, 365 horse 440, auto, PW, PS, PDB, condole, tach, A/C, tilt/telescope, vacuum trunk.
I think the only options it is missing is power locks, sure grip (soon to be added), auto pilot, rear defog, am/fm and rear speaker.
I'll be 65 in a few months, I won't be retiring, but my Hughes Aircraft retirement starts and there is no benefit to waiting to start collecting, that will give me some extra money to really get it fixed up.

Back