Welcome Asa-Nisse to FCBO!

Asa-Nisse

Reaction score
Well!
On an airplane from Germany and a lot of heavy metal living and festivals I figured I have to return to my old hobby of fixing with ... well, not mopeds anymore. A bike, a Triumph Thunderbird -54 was the first piece I checked. Way too slow and uninteressting. The next object was a car. A 1966 Ford Fairlane for about 400 dollars, 2006 that is. Very rusty. Weak small engine. But a nice body - indeed. The object next was a 1971 Dodge Polara with a 440-engine. When I first saw it for real it was "WHAT A FxxING MONSTER - THAT´S A CAR FOR ME! It´s a foor door sedan and the rear axle ratio is changed from 2:73 to 3:55. 10th of august 2019 I ran the quarter mile at 14.17 sek and 159.75 kmph. Best so far.

Last edited:
Welcome
Well!
On aiplane from Germany and a lot of heavy metal living and festivals I figured I have to return to my old hobby of fixing with ... well, not mopeds anymore. A bike, a Triumph Thunderbird -54 was the first piece I checked. Way too slow and uninteressting. The next object was a car. A 1966 Ford Failane for about 400 dollars, 2006 that is. Very rusty. Weak small engine. But a nice body - indeed. The object next was a 1971 Dodge Polara with a 440-engine. When I first saw it for real it was "WHAT A FxxING MONSTER - THAT´S A CAR FOR ME! It´s a foor door sedan and the rear axle ratio is changed from 2:73 to 3:55. 10th of august 2019 I ran the quarter mile at 14.17 sek and 159.75 kmph. Best so far.

Welcome

Well!
On aiplane from Germany and a lot of heavy metal living and festivals I figured I have to return to my old hobby of fixing with ... well, not mopeds anymore. A bike, a Triumph Thunderbird -54 was the first piece I checked. Way too slow and uninteressting. The next object was a car. A 1966 Ford Failane for about 400 dollars, 2006 that is. Very rusty. Weak small engine. But a nice body - indeed. The object next was a 1971 Dodge Polara with a 440-engine. When I first saw it for real it was "WHAT A FxxING MONSTER - THAT´S A CAR FOR ME! It´s a foor door sedan and the rear axle ratio is changed from 2:73 to 3:55. 10th of august 2019 I ran the quarter mile at 14.17 sek and 159.75 kmph. Best so far.

You oughta track down the Flying Finns, their home base is I think fairly close, (relatively speaking), and while I believe they're way ahead of you they're doing similar kinds of stuff - extracting more speed out of cars that weren't intended to deliver it. There's others in your neck of the woods but the names escape me right now.

Welcome!

And please...

yoda_nopic_on_thread.jpg

Thanks for all those welcomes! By the way Polara 500 - you´re right. I have heared about the flying finns in their C-body (sport fury ,I guess) but they are way ahead of my time. I´m still into hydralic flat tappet cam.

Short movie from the Strip (Kjula Dragway, in Sweden) august, 10th. I´m driving the white -71 Polara. When the speaker is exited he talks about some other car.

Belated welcome, @Asa-Nisse. Can you tell us more about your 1971 Polara sedan?

Back