Welcome flyinwhale40 to FCBO!

stubs300

Reaction score
Was this your car at one time?????
05_3[1].jpg
8f_3[1].jpg

FURYGT

Reaction score
Hello Henry. Hope that you are doing well.

Yes, Henry built the Flyin Whale. He sold it, it changed hands a couple of times and I bought it about around 3 years ago and got her back on the road. I sold it to a member on here that wishes to be anonymous.

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Its cool Bill ... my anonymity was self-removed couple month ago.

Welcome Back Henry. I am the current caretaker. All credit to Bill for getting her back in fighting shape after she spent some time in limbo.

:thumbsup:

10.png
7.png
8.png
6.png

SportFury70

Reaction score

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
:eek:I had no idea you bought the car, congratulations! It looks great, I love those Magnum 500s a lot. I hope to see it at Carlisle this year
:thumbsup::)
yeah chief.

i'll keep an eye on this beast for a bit. fun, fast, fiercely strong runner ... but yet well mannered though.

carlisle is gonna/has been a timing challenge for twenty years for me. meantime, i will put this car in a "showcase" and a "welcome back" thread in this spring with vid/pics.

I wanna put a couple things back to the way Henry built it. some things (rear tires are no longer made/too old even if i could find them) maybe never though.

same time i will work on getting to PA as soon as I can ... see everybody's elses cool stuff/meet many of the guys/gals here on FCBO :)

thx.

Last edited:

flyinwhale40

Reaction score
Hi Y'all....

I only raced it a couple of times. It was chassis dynoed as well. The fastest time was 12.2 at 114mph. leaving the light at idle on street tires. With slicks and a proper start, I'm sure it would do mid 11s.
Henry