Welcome Frazzlesnap to FCBO!

Frazzlesnap

Reaction score
I bought my second car, a very basic 1967 Dodge Polara 2 door hardtop in 1996 for $800, and I still have it. It is my money pit. I learned to drive in a 1951 Plymouth Cambridge 4 door sedan, which was later sold to and restored to better than factory original condition by the same person who sold me my Dodge. My first car was a Sassy Grass Green 1971 Plymouth Valiant Scamp with a perfect white vinyl top and a 318. Real cars don't shift themselves. I tossed the built up 727 in my Polara in 2009, and, unless something terrible has befallen me since typing this in, I haven't driven an automatic since.

Thanks, everyone. I'll have some pics up shortly. My car is currently in the shop having some refreshing done to the top end. My old flat tappet cam was wearing a bit (I made the mistake of using Valvoline Synpower without a ZDDP additive... for 15k miles) and I had a lifter collapse on the way back from the last car show, so I asked my mechanic friend to put in a hydraulic roller. I try to do most of the work myself, or with my dad's help (he has a 50 Plymouth Special DeLuxe coupe), but I just didn't have the time or space available for this one. It's a Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 218/224 duration. I probably should have gone a bit milder, for torque, but the low first gear in my Tremec might make up for that. It's great to see a community of folks who love these beasts!

Back