Welcome FredNY66 to FCBO!

FredNY66

Reaction score
I recently acquired a 1966 New Yorker hardtop sedan with 67,000 miles that is now on this side of the pond. Trying to enjoy it and preserve it in its current condition (some parts will need to be replaced as time took its toll over the years). Findings in the glovebox helped to identify the successive owners through the years. I may give it a new paint (the current one repaint is of a very poor quality).

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

I recently acquired a 1966 New Yorker hardtop sedan with 67,000 miles that is now on this side of the pond. Trying to enjoy it and preserve it in its current condition (some parts will need to be replaced as time took its toll over the years). Findings in the glovebox helped to identify the successive owners through the years. I may give it a new paint (the current one repaint is of a very poor quality).

Hey! Welcome! We loves those '66s.

Here are two pictures. Apologies for the dust in the interior picture, the car is going through a general clean-up. Behind the New Yorker, an air-cooled 1962 Panhard (french brand). I may re-upholster the front seat in case the cleanup doesn't work well. As to the color of the floor mats, I just wonder why they took that color!

Car came with A/C, Flasher, Safeguard Sentinel, Remote control driver's mirror, single-speaker Golden Tone AM radio (useless here, we only get FM nowadays), manual seat and windows (weird), power door locks, tinted glass, retractable seat belts. All hubcaps have the original owner's name and city hand written on their back, and the car is unbelievably rust free. Everything works except A/C that needs recharged.

NY-Garage.jpg
NY-Interior.jpg

Welcome and beautiful ride. As far as those floor mats I don't think there really were a lot of colors available. As a kid I remember seeing lots of those in clear, light beige and kind of an opaque/clear. Hey they protect the carpet, what else can you ask.

Thank you very much for the welcoming! And indeed, the mats protected the carpet in a pretty much good way, so I won't complain too much about the color. I've driven the car around 400 miles already, and it's a pleasure. Made for highways.

Beautiful car! It does seem odd to have power locks and the sentinel but not power windows.

That's cool the original owner put his name any city on the back of the hub caps.

Back