Welcome Joerg to FCBO!

Joerg

Reaction score
I bought a 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4door HT and it is being restored now. Was dreaming about some landyachts since the early nineties and fulfilled my dream by owning a 1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V dark champagne (sold), a 1976 Cadillac in phoenician ivory and now the amber sherwood metallic Imperial (by Chrysler).

Thank you all!
Here are some photos from last year, before winter came.
She had a long trip from Oakland/CA via 5 week stopover Panama and Rotterdam to Austria, where she arrived with a damaged windshield and some mold inside.

Right now (starting this week) she gets her first treatment for Austrian/European laws to get her on the road again:
lights/turn signals, brakes, suspension front and rear, a little rust treatment incl. welding on the underside;
A new windshield is ordered and will be delivered in March.
I ordered a new dark green vinyl roof at SMS Fabrics last year, although it wasn´t delivered yet.
There will be some work for welding, as i can see in the typical areas where the old vinyl shrunk, before the new vinyl roof can be fixed.
The upgraded climate control servo from Oak Ridge/TN for the Auto Temp II will be delivered until next week, hope it can be fixed until summer as well.

IMG_20210922_094051.jpgIMG-20210912-WA0011~2.jpgIMG-20210912-WA0012.jpgIMG_20210922_093914.jpgIMG_20210922_093928.jpgIMG_20210922_093936.jpgIMG_20210922_093956.jpgIMG_20211030_173810~2.jpgIMG_20211030_173711~2.jpgIMG_20211030_173907~2.jpg

The car was sold in California, but i think it has seen much more of the USA before...
Color on the outside is GF3 Amber Sherwood metallic, with vinyl roof V1F Green
color on the inside is RLF6 green leather.
- The VIN is YM43T3C292171 - maybe someone here knows more about the whereabouts of this beauty?

Last edited:
Welcome namesake!

Congratulation to your Imperial:thumbsup:
Good luck with the upcoming work!

Greetings from the Rhine
Joerg

Belated welcome, nice car!

Willkommen und viel Spaß mit Deinem Imperial.
Da Georg es noch nicht gepostet hat: Am ersten Juli Wochenende findet an der Mosel das BBTR statt für Fuselage C-bodies.

Welcome and enjoy your Imperial.
Due to Georg not having reacted yet: On the first July weekend the BBTR Fuselage C-body meet is happening in the Mosel valley.

Carsten

Hallo Carsten,
ich bin beim BBTR schon angemeldet und hoffe dass es klappt (wenn er bis dahin typisiert ist).
Schöne Grüße aus Wien,
Jörg

@Joerg -- there are several other other members in Austria, including @DodgeRodge

For those interested, there is more info about YM43T3292191 here:

Hi Jörg,

Thats a nice Imp!!
I've seen your car parked at Guntramsdorf a few months back. Had to do an emergency stop when I saw it, these cars are SO rare over here :)

Does it still have the original paint? Looked very nicely faded.

I'm also from Vienna, driving a blue '71 300, I'm sure we will meet in person one day!
Here are some pics of it:

Hi Jörg,

Thats a nice Imp!!
I've seen your car parked at Guntramsdorf a few months back. Had to do an emergency stop when I saw it, these cars are SO rare over here :)

Does it still have the original paint? Looked very nicely faded.

I'm also from Vienna, driving a blue '71 300, I'm sure we will meet in person one day!
Here are some pics of it:
[/URL]

come to the BBTR with the 300 Roger

Carsten

Back