Welcome Joshua Davis to FCBO!

Joshua Davis

Reaction score
Currently in the middle of trying to build a 1967 fury 3 sedan. But i love anything to do with cars from the 80's and below.

Would anyone happen to know of any good front suspension swaps. I was considering a crown vic suspension but i think that will be to wide for my car. so i heard a jag xjs would work as well. But i am unable to find anymore info on it. so im hoping someone out there would know of a good suspension i could put in my car.

Welcome from North Dakota.
Torsion bar suspensions can’t be beat.
Unless you are a excellent fabricator with lots of structural and welding experience, don’t go there.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I’m still trying to learn how to work this site. Thanks for replying to my question as well. I’m young so I know nothing about a torsion bar set up. Can anyone tell me why they can’t be beat for a suspension set up?

First of all the torsion bar setup gives about the smoothest ride you can find. Plus it takes up a lot less room under the hood than another spring type suspension It is also adjustable. They also allow for front height adjustment with out affecting the ride too much. If you go to a larger diameter torsion bar, it will also stiffen the ride.
The best way to upgrade a torsion bar suspension is to replace the 50 year old dry rotted rubber bushings. New bushings and news shocks will increase the drivability.

I guess we never asked why you wanted to put a Ford front end in a Mopar.

I have yet to drive on the torsion bar set up yet.( I’m still working on the car) So I was assuming that the ride wasn’t that great since I have never seen it or heard about them on any other cars from the 70’s and up. Plus I heard a 2000’s model crown front suspension can take a lot of abuse. But thanks for the education lesson. That can save me a lot of money so I’ll just redo what is already there because it has been sitting for almost 30 years.

Back