Welcome MacLebaron to FCBO!

IMG_1248.jpg

Here is a picture of my 1969 Imperial I recently bought. I am in the process of getting this 'BBW' back on the road.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I had forgotten how consuming automotive addiction can be. I am sure I will need advice as I progress on my project. I will try to post some pictures too. The car has been sitting for a long time so I am trying to get her cleaned and presentable. I was shocked how well the original bumpers polished out for a 50 year old car.
Based on what I have seen so far the car is very original and I am working on cleaning and painting the hubcaps now (pic below). I also re-painted the front parking light assemblies to fix the black paint that was aged and scratched.

Hubcaps.jpg

I appreciate the responses from everyone and I will be posting more pictures of my project as I progress. Unfortunately, she needs a lot of cleanup and a thorough mechanical check and going over due to sitting for a long time.

On the plus side, the car seems to still be very original and unmolested form previous owners. The car is a 1969 Imperial Lebaron 4-door that is Navajo Beige with the tan and walnut brown interior and a walnut brown vinyl top (needs replacement). Fortunately the car is complete and the body is in exceptional shape for a 50 year old car.

Welcome! I just found your other posts following this one, and very much enjoy reading about your pleasant discoveries and your product recommendations. I have been doing something similar for my '71 Monaco 440 -- to the extent that our cars share at least some parts, you might find some useful info in the thread I created (starting here).

Last edited:
Welcome! I just found your other posts following this one, and very much enjoy reading about your pleasant discoveries and your product recommendations. I have been doing something similar for my '71 Monaco 440 -- to the extent that our cars share at least some parts, you might find some useful info in the thread I created (starting here).

Hi Ayilar,
Thank you for letting me know about your post. I will definitely check it out and thanks for letting me know.

Back