Welcome MoparJim to FCBO!

MoparJim

Reaction score
Mopar guy my entire life. Grew up loving Road Runners and Superbirds but picked up a 1968 Sport Fury convertible in 2004. It is loaded and fun to drive, plus it is affordable on a middle class income and I don't see a dozen of the same thing at car shows.

Your here for all the right reasons, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome and I will be the first to add we need pictures. :)

Mopar guy my entire life. Grew up loving Road Runners and Superbirds but picked up a 1968 Sport Fury convertible in 2004. It is loaded and fun to drive, plus it is affordable on a middle class income and I don't see a dozen of the same thing at car shows.

Welcome! I'm in Groveland, east of you by Yosemite

Your here for all the right reasons, welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Thanks. I actually picked up my Sport Fury in Detroit. Novi, actually, although the car was originally ordered by a dealership in Vermont as a dealer demo. It was in June of 2004 and I stumbled on to the Downriver Cruise. I took the Sport Fury over and spent Saturday at the cruise before driving it back to California. It was a great time.

Welcome! I'm in Groveland, east of you by Yosemite
I know Groveland well and sometimes drive up just for fun on nice weekends. In fact, about 8 years ago a bunch of my Mopar buddies from Modesto and I drove our cars up and had a great lunch at the club house at Pine Mountain Golf Course. I actually got to see the albino doe. I drove the Sport Fury that day, too.

Welcome and I will be the first to add we need pictures. :)
I won't bore you with a ton of pictures but on Thursday I just put a set of American Racing VN501 rims on it replacing the original 14" Magnum 500s. I am stepping up to disc brakes and decided to go with these in 17" rather than a set of repro 15" Magnums. What do you think? I am replacing a set of Goodyear Eagles from the 1990s with a set of BF Goodrich Comp T/A-2s. I have just 2 miles on them so I can't say for sure yet, but I think I am going to be very happy with them.
68 Sport Fury 2.JPG

I know Groveland well and sometimes drive up just for fun on nice weekends. In fact, about 8 years ago a bunch of my Mopar buddies from Modesto and I drove our cars up and had a great lunch at the club house at Pine Mountain Golf Course. I actually got to see the albino doe. I drove the Sport Fury that day, too.
Next time you come up let me know. My wife works at the pine mountain clubhouse restaurant. I just picked up a 66 Newport in Modesto 2 weeks ago

Your Fury looks great and we never get bored with pictures. The wheels look nice and I am sure that are of a better quality than the re-popped Magnum 500s, rust poked on mine in the first year.

Back