Welcome Polara500Fan to FCBO!

Polara500Fan

Reaction score
My first "real" car was a 1969 Dodge Polara 500. Bought it used for $850 with 69,475 miles on the odometer during the height of the gas crisis, drove it almost 100K more miles with very few issues. Although I really liked the car at the time it's only in retrospect that I truly appreciate all the neat qualities it had.

The 318 engine, auto, and rear end nicely balanced mileage (about 20) with enough get up and go to be fun. The bucket seats and console up front made for easy long distance drives, and the back seat actually had enough room to bring friends along without a shoehorn to get them in.

:thumbsup:..……..Welcome ; any pix of that car ?
Somewhere in my files - back when I still had hair! I'll dig one up and post at some point but it was a sharp looking car. Not sure if came from the factory that way but the body was green and the roof white. PERFECT car for a kid headed off to Michigan State for college!

Hello and welcome from Christchurch NZ
Hi!

Thanks for the note from NZ! I helped design a neutrino telescope (IceCube) now installed and operating at South Pole station, most of our staff traveled through Christchurch en route to McMurdo and on to Pole. We had a crew of six in hotel when the big quake hit, made a mess but everyone ended up ok. All the best, Randy

Back