Welcome, RWCearley

The 71 New Yorker has been in my family since new. My father purchased it from Katy Road Chrysler Plymouth (Houston TX) in December 1970 for $5,500. The vin tag list most of the options for this New Yorker. While it's loaded with many options, there are a few he left off, no power door locks, or passenger side mirror, or trunk release. He did however order the floor mounted cassette player. Which I still have. Sadly does not work due to no belts.

I plan to leave the interior as is. No restoration since this is how my parents last saw it. If possible, I will find and install the few missing buttons.

The 440 TNT is original and sports an edlebrock aluminum manifold. (I have the original.) Somewhere along the way my dad installed an edlebrock performer carburetor and managed to loose the original Carter AVS. I have found an original AVS and will install it.

I will post progress pics and am sure will ask the most knowledgeable about any issues that might arise.

Like my dad, I'm a car nut, but have followed a different path. I'm more into small European classics. I'm an expert in alfa romeo giulietta. I own a 1958 giulietta spider veloce in which I've done a total restoration. I currently have a 1960 giulietta in my shop nearing completion.

I have a 1976 cosworth vega, which I purchase new. I also have my first car, 1970 Nova given to me by my grandmother in 1974.

20210612_141159.jpg

20201008_120638.jpg

20221008_170505.jpg

Back