Well well well, a Chrysler turbine for sale on ebay

The Goose

Reaction score
Is this what I think it is...

FA68E637-5174-4E87-9687-B204F67BAF63.jpeg

Seller’s crappy ebay description LoL.

75890557-D470-4D74-9FBC-81C4C891C6CF.jpeg

$150K for a piece of Chrysler history . . . to sit in the middle of the garage floor to talk about. With a NASA pedigree, too.

Well Jay Leno paid a million for his whole car from Chrysler(or whatever they were going by at the time) and it was not in running condition and more recently a local museum bought one that hit the market for a quarter of that. I don’t think any of the 9 left are in need of an engine but man what a kool piece! I have an original full scale cross section engineering drawing dated 1968 among other things all from the Turbine program.
D42E0CB7-5971-4999-867B-7FAF5D01B28A.jpeg

Most of people with a turbine car, have an extra. I wanted to buy the one stahl got, but was late to the party

I'm not sure this is what we think it is. It says 70's-80's NASA dual stage. Turbine cars were 1963-1964, and I believe were single stage, and in no way affiliated with NASA.

Also, is that 150,000 OBO? Trades? Does it run? The unheated, wet, ammunition bunker doesn't sound too appealing.

Ah, perhaps not affiliated with the turbine car, but didn’t Chrysler build components for the Apollo project?

I'm not sure this is what we think it is. It says 70's-80's NASA dual stage. Turbine cars were 1963-1964, and I believe were single stage, and in no way affiliated with NASA.

Also, is that 150,000 OBO? Trades? Does it run? The unheated, wet, ammunition bunker doesn't sound too appealing.
The Chrysler Turbine program ran well into the ‘80s.

Is this what I think it is...

View attachment 548488

Seller’s crappy ebay description LoL.

View attachment 548489
Looks like a 7th generation engine with dual regenerators, like was installed in the '63 Bronze cars. From what we can see from the outside, it's never going to be more than a paperweight.

Even having the service manual, taking it all apart, cleaning, refinishing everything and trying to restore it, anyone who tries to start it will most likely just blow it up. These engines have air bearings in them. If they're done in, the engine is toast.

Back