For Sale Went to MOPAR Junkyard Sunday in Princeton WV: PHOTOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

500cubes

Reaction score
Contact seller
Benny isn't your typical junkyard owner... he is a collector & restorer like most of us but he is on a slightly higher level with over 200 cars! 85% are Mopars. 75% of the Mopars are 55-61 models & the rest seem to be in order: Cadillacs, GM cars like: 58 Chevy, Riveria, Pontiacs, etc. The other Mopars: Dodge trucks, early B-bodies & a few a-bodies. He has also built this mecca of classic mostly forward look vehicles! Its taken him 24 years to collect them. I purchased a 69 New Yorker Sunday & he is delivering it Tuesday (tomorrow). I will ask him then if he will allow me to post his phone number. He will sell cars & parts but he spares no expense to buy his beloved cars, dont expect to get them cheap. (Id say his prices are reasonable for the times) However, he does restorations at a very reasonable price (if he likes you). 10 photos is the maximum allowed. I have about 30. Let me know what you think!

100_9315.jpg

100_9316.jpg

100_9317.jpg

100_9318.jpg

100_9319.jpg

100_9321.jpg

100_9325.jpg

100_9334.jpg

100_9341.jpg

100_9338.jpg

10 photos is the maximum allowed. I have about 30. Let me know what you think!
Excellent find... please post the rest of your pics... the limit is 10 per post, more good pics are encouraged as they are traffic builders... if they need to, the moderators can get rid of the fluff.

Benny delivered the 69 New Yorker 2dr I bought on Sunday & I asked him if it was ok to post his info on here. SURE! was his answer. I talked to him half a dozen times coordinating my trip to see him & he always answered his phone. Here is everything you need: Cell: 304-920-1422 Website: www.bennybuckner.com (from there you can email him if you prefer.) Here are 10 more photos. More to come including my new purchase!

100_9340.jpg

100_9344.jpg

100_9350.jpg

100_9353.jpg

100_9354.jpg

100_9355.jpg

100_9356.jpg

100_9357.jpg

More to see! Benny is really cool & a very hard worker in his 70s. I hope I am half as spry at his age.

100_9349.jpg

100_9331.jpg

100_9363.jpg

100_9368.jpg

100_9364.jpg

100_9375.jpg

100_9374.jpg

100_9373.jpg

100_9372.jpg

100_9369.jpg

WOW....... Benny has saved some pretty cool stuff. I can see several future high end restoration projects there. OHhhhhh to be 30 again.....!

Some nice junk there for sure!

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Just a reminder to all when offered a great opportunity like this. Get pics of fender tags if you can (you knew that was coming didn't you?). You may be the last person to see and document a car before it is lost forever.

I have communicated with Benny for many years, great guy, very helpful and he knows a lot about the 1958 Dodge Regal Lancers, which is why I originally got in touch with him. And of course he has a lot of parts that I have needed. I like the fact that in his 70s, he is still going strong - very encouraging!

Benny is as good as they come. I went to his yard a few years ago and he personally took me on a tour. I don't know how he finds all the rare stuff but somehow he does. I've found him to be very reasonable on parts. I'm looking forward to going back soon.

He has Formals. I'm a little fuzzy on what is considered formal however. There was a really rare Cordoba looking 300. He said it was pretty rare & priced it reasonably I thought but by then I was in a bit of an overloaded state. Too much to see! He took me on a 2 hr tour I thought he should be charging for! He goes as far as Oregon to get his cars & mentioned that most have come from across the Mississippi. He says the air is drier that way?

WOW....... Benny has saved some pretty cool stuff. I can see several future high end restoration projects there. OHhhhhh to be 30 again.....!
Come on Will. Once iz enough when you do it rite the first time. Tell me your not livin' large and don't have life time of stories to aw the massez? lol

Come on Will. Once iz enough when you do it rite the first time. Tell me your not livin' large and don't have life time of stories to aw the massez? lol
Jer, My problem is that now that I know how to get it right the first time, I'm no longer capable of doing it at all. Plus, I can not afford my own standards. :BangHead:
I do have a few good stories, some true....!

That's why I say I got lucky when I married a school teacher. She said BOY, Yer gonna do this and do this and do this until you get it right. After almost 54 yearz I think I'm closin' in on it jes right, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back