Went with the unrestored look for my poly

Vanish

Reaction score
Well i thought it over a bit and decided to just touch up the paint a tad hear and there and leave her as close to original is i could.
don't know what others think but it fits her better than a pristine like new motor sitting in there.

Before

60 ply untouched.jpgDSC_0469.jpg

after

front motor 1.jpgfront motor 2.jpgLeft side of motor.jpgright side motor.jpg

60 ply untouched.jpg

DSC_0469.jpg

front motor 1.jpg

front motor 2.jpg

Left side of motor.jpg

right side motor.jpg

Also before anyone noticed it i plan on changing all the hose clamps to the correct ones.

And i been having a hard time getting my stromberg ww2 carb to run right rebuilt it but this is the third accelerator pump i installed that has swelled up and seized anyone have an ideal what could be going on here ?

I know its not the gas rebuilt the old Carter carb off my old 75 Ramcharger put her in its place and it works fine ...... but i want my stromberg back.

You need to verify that the accl pump is neopreme instead of rubber or cork as the originals were.

The engine compartment looks good cleaned up. It can always be completely refinished at another time.

I like it. And it doesn't matter what anyone else likes as long as you are happy with it. I like that it looks like it gets driven and used!

I think there's something to be said about an old American car that is in good condition but "unrestored". That patina is part of the appeal for me.

Well the Accelerator pump isn't neoprene but the original leather looking type .... (can't find a neoprene one) ... but its the same material as the new one i installed in the Carter carburetor that's on the motor now and working fine.

I even bought a carb rebuild kit that was old stock and a different brand all together trying to eliminate the possibility of the material that the pump was constructed from was defective.

Never seen this before .................................................................. baffled.

You've probably already done this, but make sure the accelerator pump bore is corrosion free and that the leather on the pump rod has been soaked in oil before installation.

Back