What’s it worth - 1968 Sport Fury 2 door Hdtp w/ 520” stroker.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of selling my ‘68 Sport Fury to fund the restoration of my ‘71 GT.

520” stroker professionally built by the late Nick Wilson at Compu Flo. Built to drag race in stock appearing, stock tire class racing. Best ET 13.45 in the quarter mile on G70/15 bias ply red line tires with a 3.73 professionally built sure grip pumpkin. Custom made driveshaft loop. TTI 2.5” exhaust.

Stock appearing engine compartment.

Brand new column shift 727 transmission that cost over $3,200.

Holley electric blue fuel pump feeds a fuel pressure regulator that feeds a Carter high volume mechanical pump.

4 core, narrow fin 22” radiator recently rodded out, full coolant system chemical flush done last fall.

52,000 miles on the chassis. Body & Paint done in 1998 & is holding up well.

Close to $20,000 invested in mechanicals including a front disc brake conversion.

Interior is 100% original with some fading, one seam opened up and the seat foam is disintegrating.

A lot of NOS trim on this car. Turn key car with a few nicks/chips.

Appreciate any input on value from those who understand the value of these cars and the cost of building the drivetrain.

IMG_1454.jpeg
IMG_1453.jpeg
IMG_1452.jpeg
IMG_0617.jpeg
IMG_0117.jpeg
IMG_0329.jpeg
IMG_0125.jpeg

I can see building a sleeper car that is unassuming looking, if its what you always wanted and plan to keep. Especially a C body. And the 68 Fury formal roof is one of my favorite body styles. If you had thoughts of resale, keeping it original might have been a better plan.
But finding somebody else with that same vision if you want to sell it, can be an issue.
In my humble opinion, I'd be surprised if you can get your drivetrain investment back out of it.
I really like the car and can appreciate it, but I'm just not sure you will ever get your money back out of it.
Best of luck.

Whatever it's worth, it's bloody nice.
I can see building a sleeper car that is unassuming looking, if its what you always wanted and plan to keep. Especially a C body. And the 68 Fury formal roof is one of my favorite body styles. If you had thoughts of resale, keeping it original might have been a better plan.
But finding somebody else with that same vision if you want to sell it, can be an issue.
In my humble opinion, I'd be surprised if you can get your drivetrain investment back out of it.
I really like the car and can appreciate it, but I'm just not sure you will ever get your money back out of it.
Best of luck.
Sorry for the message fellas. I had 3 sale windows open and from the bottom this one looked like a sale thread and not w "what's it worth" thread.

Hard to price but probably easier to sell than my turbo fury :rofl:

Our special creatures take special owners. I would think maximum dollars to fund the 71 would come from selling the stroker and putting a stock engine in the car.

Agree with others- it's incredibly cool, and I really appreciate others building quick C-bodies! The problem is the market for one is small. It might be easier to put a stock 440 in it and sell the stock appearing motor separately to one of the FAST guys.

I have seen this car in person and have had a ride in it. There are no disappointments here. Very well thought out and executed in all respects. It performs extremely well in all areas. Condition is excellent as I remember. I wished FURYGT posted an engine pic also. While I cannot place a value and would only be guessing, a high price for a C body is peanuts compared to other makes. All it takes is one buyer. Who in their right mind wouldn’t want a beautiful C body car with a stroker big block V8 in excellent condition this well put together?

I can't believe what I'm reading here Bill, wow. I didn't think you would ever sell this car. Its too bad but you gotta do what ya gotta do I suppose. Not sure if you talked with bob at all but I showed him this post and he says he agrees with furious70. Best of luck with what you decide to do, and if you would like please keep us updated.

15 likes as of now and nobody willing to take a stab at a number. I won't either. :eek:

If I were in a different place/situation that car would hit a lot of clickboxes for me and leapfrog me way ahead on some goals.
Instead I'll just hafta go to the garage and pat my white 68 and be content...

It's tough because the combo would never be competitive in stock appearing races, just not the right car.
I'm not an expert in SA vs FAST or pure stock, but the car doesn't seem to be 'extreme' enough for it, and yet too extreme to be 'just a car'. I can completely understand the set of decisions that make it so, but it hurts the value unless another person also wants a 'tribute' stock appearing car.
Would it be worth $15k with a stock drive line as a survivor like car?
Is the 520" mill extreme enough for someone else in fast racing to buy? Is it a cam, AL heads, and intake away from being a real screamer to someone not class racing?
That trans, is it the typical rollerized deal that would be valuable to any one drag racing?

It's tough because the combo would never be competitive in stock appearing races, just not the right car.
I'm not an expert in SA vs FAST or pure stock, but the car doesn't seem to be 'extreme' enough for it, and yet too extreme to be 'just a car'. I can completely understand the set of decisions that make it so, but it hurts the value unless another person also wants a 'tribute' stock appearing car.
Would it be worth $15k with a stock drive line as a survivor like car?
Is the 520" mill extreme enough for someone else in fast racing to buy? Is it a cam, AL heads, and intake away from being a real screamer to someone not class racing?
That trans, is it the typical rollerized deal that would be valuable to any one drag racing?

The FAST class racing series has classes for slower cars. The opinion of some of the other Mopar FAST class racers is that with the new transmission, some tuning & suspension work and an experienced driver would have this car running in the low 12’s. Just putting drag radials on the car and doing nothing else would also get this car into the 12’s. The cam is a custom grind by the engine builder based on the engine build and the flow of the heads after porting etc. I have the car listed for sale on FB on the stock appearing drag racers group page.

I have a 69 340 4sp Swinger with a 408 W2 Solid roller motor. If I were to sell it I would drop a stock 340 in and probably get the same price for it . Might even sell faster because not everyone wants a lumpy motor .

I have a 69 340 4sp Swinger with a 408 W2 Solid roller motor. If I were to sell it I would drop a stock 340 in and probably get the same price for it . Might even sell faster because not everyone wants a lumpy motor .

My stroker does not have a huge cam in it. The power brakes work just fine with the cam and the power brakes have a nice feel without to much assist.

Please say you stroked a motorhome 440 and kept the car's original numbers matching engine intact right?

Looking at the ad, I'd say the car is priced about right. If I were looking for a car like that, that is a price I would pay.

Back