What’s the best Hi-temp manifold paint?

69polara440

Reaction score
Getting ready to paint my HP manifolds with cast look paint. Which paint lasts the longest?

I jet hot coated mine. Been 5 years and around 10,000 miles and they still look good.
Not a current picture, but I can get one in the morning.

20171216_105332.jpg

I may look at that! Got an exhaust leak on the passenger side..... off with the manifold. Really thinking about having a shop put up bigger head pipes.

I second Eastwoods.
For best results glass bead the manifolds, then use a light Scotchbrite pad then clean clean CLEAN!
I did mine in 2009 but again driving the car last 3 years and well over 10000 miles. A wee bit of burn off at #1 ..Still look great....
20200915_074807.jpg

20200915_074757.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to try this old method on my HP manifolds. Graphite spray. You touch it up with a rag once a year sprayed with the graphite. We will see.

Last edited:
I'm going to try this old method on my HP manifolds. Graphite spray. You touch it up with a rag once a year sprayed with the graphite. We will see.

If you do that, make sure you are wearing clothes that you don't care about. When the graphite overspray/splatter hits, it's on there for good. DAMHIK:rolleyes:

Interesting ,I have done 2 manifolds already and haven't had that problem. I use dry graphite film lube and doesn't make a mess at all. No splatter.

20200915_112724.jpg

Last edited:
We shall see how well it works. I first saw this on a Ford model t channel and the one I posted above. I thought it was worth a try.

Here is a pic after touching it both hp manifolds. See there isn't any splatter. I will give a report after they are on the engine awhile.

20200917_155316.jpg

So the Jet-Hot coating quote came in at $413! Too rich for my blood!

Jet Hot Coating is amazing stuff I had done on another car. Yes it is expensive and good.

i used por15 on my bbc...had my powder coater blast the manifolds , i sprayed them then he cured them at 300 as per their instructions...10 years later i just see rust creeping back through them....and the truck has only been driven about 10 miles since then and is garaged...so the hp manifolds went to jet hot this time

I used POR 15 manifold grey worked really good for me touch up every few years with a sponge brush

Back