What are the chances? A passing C body breaks down in front of my house.

Jim 68cuda

Reaction score
Got home from Spring Carlisle today to find a dead mauve Sport Fury parked in front of the house. Talked to the owner. Car died out on RT 7 and he coasted it onto my street to get out of highway traffic. He thinks his break down was due to a faulty voltage regulator. I got home too late to be of assistance as the AAA roll back arrived just a few minutes after me. Ended up meeting another local Mopar owner though. He was having it towed home (about a five minute drive from me). I've seen the car around from time to time, but this was the first up close look and the first time meeting the owner.

DSCN2577.JPG

That’s my favorite roofline on these, what a beauty!

Great look with those Torque Thrust wheels and that color combo. I'm also kind of partial to the formal roof hardtops myself.

I agree about a beautiful car in an outstanding color combo.similar thing happened toe. After a long drive withy brother one day, we were about 3 miles from home when suddenly a BOOm out the tailpipes and engine shut down. We coasted to the next inersection and coasted to a stop in front of someone's house. Turned out he was car enthusiast too.
AAA towed car home. Turned out being electronic ignition box??¡!

Got home from Spring Carlisle today to find a dead mauve Sport Fury parked in front of the house. Talked to the owner. Car died out on RT 7 and he coasted it onto my street to get out of highway traffic. He thinks his break down was due to a faulty voltage regulator. I got home too late to be of assistance as the AAA roll back arrived just a few minutes after me. Ended up meeting another local Mopar owner though. He was having it towed home (about a five minute drive from me). I've seen the car around from time to time, but this was the first up close look and the first time meeting the owner.

View attachment 592256
Awesome looking car. Ask him to join FCBO and post more pics.

Could it possibly be the ballast resistor? I had one fail on one of my Fury's once. It would start but die out when the switch went to the run position. That is a nice looking Plymouth. Are those original style factory wheels?
John

Well Jim 68cuda that's a cool story, what really freaked me out is my name is Jim with a 68 cuda. It's a clone but it has a 383( changed K frame) 4 speed. It's a trip to drive.

Well Jim 68cuda that's a cool story, what really freaked me out is my name is Jim with a 68 cuda. It's a clone but it has a 383( changed K frame) 4 speed. It's a trip to drive.
I figured I wasn't the only 68 Cuda owner named Jim. But I am a bit surprised I'm not the only 68 Cuda owner named Jim on For C bodies only.
_nc_ohc=znBJ1vp0k4kAX9CxVR-&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Back