What did you do to your C-body today....

Pulled the axles out so the studs can be replaced, one was stripped,and the rest were some what sketchy. Then pulled the springs, had to get the gas axe out to cut the u bolts. If course had some nuts break from their spot welds, so out comes the stubby wrench, springs out, stripped down, now waiting on springs from ESPO, and got to find the rubber bushing for the spring hanger.

Ran out of gas yesterday, I thank the good lord that I had the insight to keep a gas can in the trunk. I no longer trust my gas gauge as it told me that I had over a half tank.

New or old Challengers? And buy scrapping you mean selling or parting out for drive train?
it's as 300rag said. i'm a bit jealous of challenger's car for obvious reasons. knowing the condition of every last piece of my car, it'd be a cost effective expedient to send mine to the crusher and replace it outright with his car. joking though. i'll die owning this car.

Ran out of gas yesterday, I thank the good lord that I had the insight to keep a gas can in the trunk. I no longer trust my gas gauge as it told me that I had over a half tank.
But, was the gas can full...or did you do the walk of shame?

Hacked what was left on a donor roof up and assembled some more dollies...

20190525_180119.jpg
20190525_213927.jpg

Went to Menards. The long way. 30 some odd miles. Tested the kick down a couple of times on the rural paved roads. Think about a 5 mile straightaway. Kick down working great. Shifting into 3rd at about 75-80 at wide open throttle. Need w remove some bugs from the windshield.
About 170 Miles logged so far.
Feeling better about the 260 mile drive to Stillwater, MN for Mopars in the Park.
Plan to finish installation of trim pieces and door panels today.

image.jpg

Just got done fixing the gas gauge. Luckily it was an easy fix. It had been floating back and fourth for a while. The ground wire was loose and corroded. I crimped it back together and sanded it a little so it had a good connection, and it worked! I also swathed my precious original seats in clear vinyl

Just got done fixing the gas gauge. Luckily it was an easy fix. It had been floating back and fourth for a while. The ground wire was loose and corroded. I crimped it back together and sanded it a little so it had a good connection, and it worked! I also swathed my precious original seats in clear vinyl
I suppose I'm a loaded grenade...But, I carry about a gallon or two fresh fuel gas cans in my trunk on every trip. I just unload them along with brake fluid, PS fluid, antifreeze, battery, etc when I swap Imperials...Big rubbermaid emergency package. I don't trust any of the fuel gauges...I will feed the lawnmowers any of the gas I think is getting old. Then refill. Repeat.

Found out the Polara fits in my garage. No room to work but it fits.

Took some photos of the rusted rear floor pan and put them on my build thread.

I suppose I'm a loaded grenade...But, I carry about a gallon or two fresh fuel gas cans in my trunk on every trip. I just unload them along with brake fluid, PS fluid, antifreeze, battery, etc when I swap Imperials...Big rubbermaid emergency package. I don't trust any of the fuel gauges...I will feed the lawnmowers any of the gas I think is getting old. Then refill. Repeat.
I am going to have to that. I recently bought a 76 New Yorker, had it delivered to my shop. Last time I was at the shop I started the car, and surprise, it ran and ran well. Now, my shop is in the country, about 8 miles from the nearest town, 1 1/2 miles of gravel township road to nearest paved road. So, dumbshit me, said, let's take this for a spin arond the section and back, no big deal, the gauge says 1/4 tank. Took off, got a mile or so, and wham, the engine stopped, kind of sputtered. So, now I have a walk back to the shop, go to town, fill the 5 gallon gas can, drive back, dump the gas in the car, start it up, drive back to shop, and then another mile walk back to the truck. Lesson learned!

I carry every fluid for the car, along with water for me, blankets, rags etc. But never gas. Just the gas can. I'd rather walk than blow up. If it is a good quality metal can, then that is a different story, but I have the el cheapo plastic can.
The gas gauge was fairly accurate before it lost it's ground. It started floating between the true reading and full, a pass over a bump would fix it for a while. I saw it coming, even though I was sure I had plenty of gas.

I'm such an anal OCD defensive driver with the Imperials...I'm swerving to avoid butterflies from hitting the windshield.:lol: I'll take my chances.

As a commercial fuel truck driver/delivery agent I am more at risk of explosion with my tanks on my trailer empty and with just fumes in them, then when I am fulled loaded with 55,000L of fuel on board. ;) I have no problem with a small gas can with a couple gallons of fuel in it rolling around in my vehicle.

Back