What did you do to your C-body today....

Got some new goodies today for my Imp from RockAuto, new front shocks being one of those. Question though, does RockAuto no longer give you a fridge magnet with every order or is that just me?

I drove the T&C to work Friday. Very pleasantly surprised that I'm still able to drive it at this time of year here (Winnipeg)...normally the old cars are put away by now.

Spent the afternoon detailing the engine bay for the MCACN show in 3 weeks....

20221023_180011.jpg

20221023_180629.jpg

Not today, but in the last few weeks.

• Replaced water pump (twice, first time leaked like a sieve)
• Swapped out intake manifold (twice, first time didn't go so well either. I'm a little slow, looks like I have to do things twice to perfect them)
• Put a 4-barrel Edelbrock 1406 carb on
• New Edelbrock air cleaner
• tidied up all my wiring, both under the hood and below the dash

And last but definitely not least, I swapped out all the bulbs (except the ones in the dash) for LEDs. Found this set of LED headlamps that's plug and play (link below). Very happy with them. No more dimming and brightening with deceleration and acceleration, much better visibility, low amperage draw. The dome light has never been so bright. No heat from bulbs either. I did need to swap out the flasher for a digital one for the turn signals but it was like $8.

Amazon product ASIN B0B8NJ23N9 Amazon product ASIN B07JFPXM21

Made a start on a little front end suspension update. Cause of the front end knock was found. Sway bar bushings and end links were completely shot. Pulled the sway bar, will put some paint on it before mounting new bushings and links. Also pulled the front shocks, which went smoother than expected, and they looked well beyond their best by date. Funny thing, the FSM states that if excessive loss of motion is observed they should be discarded. After compression the new KYBs return to full extension nicely but these old ones stay put. 100%. The loss of motion is 100%. Long overdue swap!

Started the Imperial on Friday; and discovered a tappet noise. The 440 is usually as quiet as a church mouse. Oil pressure is good, and the level is dead-on. Might need to run a bit of SeaFoam through it and then do an oil change. I've used that before on various engines over the years and have always had good luck with it.

I put the top up before the cold snap hit on Veteran's Day. The battery is fully charged and everything is working fine.

Continued with my LED replacement program. Swapped out the ones in the instrument clusters. Never been brighter. The one that illuminates the transmission setting P-R-N-D-2-1 is a different style bulb so I had to order that one separately. Gets here tomorrow and I can take that off my list.

Not sure if I'd stop to look at it.
I don't expect too many people to look at it either. It's a C body, and everyone else will be tripping over each other to look at the A,B & E body Mopars anyway.

I don't expect too many people to look at it either. It's a C body, and everyone else will be tripping over each other to look at the A,B & E body Mopars anyway.
I'll check it out at Volo, looks like it's got some good information on the car. Have fun this weekend, wish I could be there!

Took the NYer to MCACN this morning.
The 300 Hurst I'm next to is from the Chicagoland area, and will be coming to the C Body Show in 2023

20221118_190714.jpg

20221118_190654.jpg

Replaced the Brake Booster. Old one was causing low idle. About five years ago I had a mechanic install a booster and dual bowl master cylinder. Car came with no power brakes and single circuit master cylinder. Had to hunt the right booster down for my application.

Back