What did you do to your C-body today....

NOPE.. not even close Bob.. I’ll explain when I see ya at Carlise.. if the previous owner was close!! I’d punch him the mouth and feel good about it.. just say’en. But! I will say that it’s not as bad as I’ve seen in others.. just wish it would’nt been me. But I love her mine the less.. $$$$$$$$$

That's terrible. People should be honest about the condition of the cars they are selling.

That's terrible. People should be honest about the condition of the cars they are selling.
I asked all the right questions, but this guy doesn’t own a computer or cell phone, no good camera either, had to rely on a friend to take what pictures I did receive.. when I asked for more pics of specific areas she got aggravated and said she was done.. so I took the chance.. it is what it is.. I’m IN it now.

Dropped the seats off at the Upholstry shop last week.. hope to have them back by 1st week of July.. we’ll see. No tears just really crusty leather and vinyl.. some dumbass in the past Spray painted the seats white!! That’s right! I said it... so instead of trying to save what’s there.. total Redo.
72866AB4-A4BA-4F9C-9591-9A05EC384634.jpeg
A9FB7969-7314-42E8-8A09-53FA7EBE7CF7.jpeg

Washed it, applied some new shiny juice to the paint that I've wanted to try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0779KCS7D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far, this stuff is impressing me. I couldn't take a picture because it started to look like rain, so it chased the car and I back into the garage. It's supposed to cure for 8 hours. We'll see how it looks tomorrow.

Got it out today for some time at the wheel. Felt really good!

I'm liking the Beadmaster spray that I used yesterday. The paint feels really slick and it looks good. My only issue is that you go through a lot of it... The videos I watched showed spraying a ton of it on. I went through the entire bottle.

wSNR0xi.jpg

aElA8t0.jpg

Bolt kit arrived today for my alternator, now to swap the water pump pulley, take off the idler pulley and bracket, and I should be able to charge a battery - in the car!! I'm glad I keep all the parts I take off.

Too dark to take a pic but installed a new temp sending unit, a new booster check valve and put the spare and jack in the trunk. Tiny bit closer to ready for an hour drive to a car show.

I asked all the right questions, but this guy doesn’t own a computer or cell phone, no good camera either, had to rely on a friend to take what pictures I did receive.. when I asked for more pics of specific areas she got aggravated and said she was done.. so I took the chance.. it is what it is.. I’m IN it now.
Similar deal with my 67... lots of surprises... but yea, deal is done!
Gorgeous car, by the way. I had lost track of your thread when you found it and had no idea you actually got it!

Got a 3 day permit for the wagon today, first time on the road in close to 3 years. Made a run into town to pick up some Mothers interior cleaner/conditioner and my eldest daughter wanted to go for the cruise. :)

a3uOA5rh.jpg

Wagon did great, no issues at all considering the only thing I did was an oil change. ;) The old wagon is always good to me and rarely has it ever let me down even after sitting for several year.

I'm planning on rescuing my car from the body shop, they are procrastinating on working on my car.

Drove mine to work yesterday and found I had a shock rattle. I tightened the front base down a little more and it went away. I think for now I have the mechanical parts complete. Now to finish the interior trim. I got my dash bezels detailed and installed. Need to find bumpers for the glove box.
Really need a new hinge as well. One of my springs is broken.

image.jpg
image.jpg

We're doing the "Crystal Ball Cruise" tonight. It's the local school's senior ball and a bunch of classic car drivers volunteer to drive the couples to their prom. This will be the 30th annual. I did this 30 years ago and did it when I could since then. It's a good time... The kids have to sign a promise they won't drink or do any drugs.

We start at the school, take them to the prom and we go somewhere else to eat and have a good time. Then we pick them up and take them to the after ball party.

Well! Since the weather was nice, for a change! I thought I’d install the New / replacement power antenna in “Ginger”..
View attachment 286615

and wouldn’t ya know it!! Sumbitch is to short.. :mad:..
View attachment 286611

yesterday I installed the new / replacement power antenna switch I got from Murray’s.. works Great, the old antenna, the one i removed today DID work! Kinda! It went up and down, but VVVVEEERRRYY Slowly.. so said to myself, self! Since you have the inner fender well anyway I’ll just swap the Antenna out with the replacement.! Well that did go as I planed.. so I’ll leave it out and continue my search.. since the old antenna they go up and down, I may get adventurous and disassemble it and see why it’s working so slow. Might just need a good cleaning with new lubricant.

View attachment 286614
The OEM antenna is 16” from the antenna cable mount to the tip of the antenna rod, the replacement I have is 12” from the antenna cable mount to the tip.. and also as you can see plugs are different, but I believe that would be an easy fix.
View attachment 286610
The fender brace/bracket picture below prevents the shorter antenna mass from being mounted, I don’t wanna remove it, I’ll just look for the correct length in antenna.

View attachment 286613
Gotta Love work in these old girls.. :soapbox:

View attachment 286612

So sorry the antenna didn’t work out for you John. Wouldn’t have guessed there was such a difference.

We're doing the "Crystal Ball Cruise" tonight. It's the local school's senior ball and a bunch of classic car drivers volunteer to drive the couples to their prom. This will be the 30th annual. I did this 30 years ago and did it when I could since then. It's a good time... The kids have to sign a promise they won't drink or do any drugs.

We start at the school, take them to the prom and we go somewhere else to eat and have a good time. Then we pick them up and take them to the after ball party.
All went well. A good time was had by all.

The couple that was in our car was great. Really nice kids.

I didn't get a chance to take many pics. The Barracuda next to my car isn't mine, but looks a lot like it.

PMEQqdm.jpg

@march 's car. When we were picking the kids up later, we parked together in a perfect photo opportunity, but it was too dark for a decent pic.

vaDVMkS.jpg

Back