What did you do to your C-body today....

Recently did some trading with Xenon on some parts, and got a set of Imperial wheel covers in the process.
After getting rid of the old paint with paint remover, I hammered and dollied some of the dents out. Next filed off some of the pot metal burrs, washed everything and taped them off for primer/paint.
These are going to look soooo much better on the 69 than those T-Bird wheel covers....
WC1.jpg
WC3.jpg
WC2.jpg
WC5.jpg
WC4.jpg
WC6.jpg
WC7.jpg
WC8.jpg

Recently did some trading with Xenon on some parts, and got a set of Imperial wheel covers in the process.
After getting rid of the old paint with paint remover, I hammered and dollied some of the dents out. Next filed off some of the pot metal burrs, washed everything and taped them off for primer/paint.
These are going to look soooo much better on the 69 than those T-Bird wheel covers....
View attachment 463624 View attachment 463625 View attachment 463626 View attachment 463627 View attachment 463628 View attachment 463629 View attachment 463630 View attachment 463631
Those look nice, a big improvement.

I still need to tape off/primer/paint the outside ring in argent.

View attachment 463624 View attachment 463625 View attachment 463626 View attachment 463627 View attachment 463628 View attachment 463629 View attachment 463630 View attachment 463631
Nice work Tim, very well done w/ attention to detail. High quality work indeed.

Dayum! And I thought a Road Wheel re-do was a big deal. . . Mighty fine, Tim.

The wheel covers got finished up this morning after spending some time last night taping off the outer ring on the cover for the argent paint.
After the 3M tape was laid on to keep the paint lines as clean as I could get them, blue painters tape and some paper was used to cover up and protect the already painted areas.
WC10.jpg
WC11.jpg
WC12.jpg
WC13.jpg
WC14.jpg

After scuffing up the designated paint area, I sprayed the primer on this morning, and then left the shop to go check on the New Yorker at the paint shop. It'll be ready next week , and will get reassembled once back here just in time for the C Body Show.
WC16.jpg

When I got back to the shop, the primer was dry so the table was set out in the sun and the argent paint was rattle canned on to on the wheel covers to finish up the paint job.
WC20.jpg
WC19.jpg

Now they just need to go on the car....

WC21.jpg

Much better....
WC22.jpg

If someone needs T-Birds, PM me....
(I've already blacked out the t-bird logo for you)
WC23.jpg

Very nice work! I have to tell you, I have done exactly the same thing, except I did not repaint the outer part of the rim with the argent silver. I hope you had a better plan than I had, each one took about 7-8 hours form start to end. I had to disassemble, clean, polish and paint each one and reassemble, just like you did.

I was surprised how much each hubcap weighed. One other item you may try is Meguiars Plastix. I used this on the plastic medallion in the center of the hubcap and it polished the plastic very well.

Those look pretty spectacular! I did one of my '66 Imperial wheel covers three years ago. Labor-intensive describes the process to a "T". Now I'm motivated to do the other three and get them all done. I like the black. Very nice.

Pizza run.

1DB56950-4F66-4E9F-8E2B-866E00AF67C3.jpeg

E2F643B9-0973-4AC9-A2F9-2C0F53B0AF89.jpeg

B0D8F0AD-D332-49A9-A388-41862EF0D172.jpeg

Pizza order never got placed so we waited another 10 min after we arrived.
I got to kill time answering the endless questions... what year - what engine - how long is it - LoL!

I really like that you are taking two compact car spaces. Mighty fine! How much for the dog ?
LoL some lady scared the crap out of my daughter when she was 10 or 11 in Ventura. She was adamant about buying her dog from her. My wife ran her off - holy smoke was that 10 years ago? Times flies.

I was using the old plates from the 69 300 that went overseas on the 69 Imperial, but while we were out of town the new plates and registration arrived in the mail
Worry free just driving now just in case I were to get pulled over.
fuselage plate.jpg
fuselage plate2.jpg

Back